This Time You Won't Be Heard

Ok this is the new story idea I am working on :D so please tell me what you think. And over there on the side is the picture of the man and also the song is what he is whistling. Once you start reading you'll know what im talking about! And a very big thanks to my friend Kay who made the cover!!!!

I hope you like this so far :D

so without further delay here it is!!!!!!!!

~New Years Eve five years ago~

My eyes groggily fluttered open feeling a sharp pain shooting through my body. Slowly pushing myself up, I looked around trying to get my bearings. I was in what looked like a basement of some sort, judging by the cold concrete floor and the cinder block wall I was pressed up against. Not to mention the wet, musty smell of mold that was extremely prominent. Frankly other than those details, I could hardly see anything. My vision was blurry and it was so dark I could barely see a foot in front of myself.

"Hello?" I tried to yell out, by my throat was too dry and it turned out to be more of a whisper.

Groaning out in frustration, I turned myself over onto my hands and knees. My hands feeling the cold, dust covered concrete that sent shivers through my whole body.

How the hell did I even end up here? Where ever the hell 'here' was. The last thing I remembered was walking home from my friends New Years Eve party. There wasn't even anything unusual about the walk home. It was the same way I walked home every day from school.

"Hello? Is anybody there?" I called out again, as I slowly started crawling my way around the pitch black room. My arm out stretched, keeping me from running into anything.

Fumbling around for what felt like forever, my hand finally hit against something with a little give. Figuring it might be a door, my hand slowly slid up feeling for any sort of door knob.

As soon as my fingers felt the cold metal of a door knob, I quickly gripped onto it, turning it pulling the door open.

My body shivered feeling a cold gust of air pour in from the next room. My heart was pounding hard as I pulled my plaid shirt around me tighter trying to keep myself warm. After fighting with myself I decided to slowly make my way out.

Surprisingly it was less dark in here; there was light coming from the open door at the top of the stairs at the end of the hall.

"You know this isn't funny" I quietly said, as I pulled myself to my feet. My hands went to my jeans and dusted them off lightly.

Standing there, I looked around the small hallway I was now in. Nothing looked remotely familiar, and I know if this was some sick joke my friends concocted, I was going to kill them.

The house was eerily silent, and despite me calling out for somebody, nothing happened. There were no creaks in the floor boards above me, signifying that people were upstairs. There wasn't any giggling, letting me know my friends set me up. There was nothing but silence.

Swallowing the growing lump in my throat, I started for the stairs. Slowly at first, as my eyes panned for any movement from the doors that lined the hall. But as the severity of the situation set in, I started running full speed to the door.

I was halfway up the steps when a low whistle echoed from behind me. It was the creepiest whistle that I've ever heard, and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

My body seemed to freeze in place as the whistling got louder. Until, it finally stopped.

"Where do you think you're going?" a deep voice asked, in almost a chuckle.