Welcome to Dream High

I couldn't believe it was happening to me.

All I wanted was a normal life but apparently that's too much to ask for.

Why is the world so cruel?

After my mother left me and my brother our dad had to step in. Everything was fine for the first year but after a while my dad developed a gambling addiction and was an alcoholic.

Being the older sister and all I practically raised my brother.

And it wasn't long till my fathers business went downhill. With my fathers bad reputation the business took damage and it was forced to close.

Of course I took up a part time job but it was difficult managing school, work and home.

A social life was out of the question (Not like a had much of one before the business went bankrupt)

My family were broke and out options , my father was unfit for work and my part time job wasn't giving me enough money so I took matters into my own hands and enrolled into Dream High.

Most people would think of this as a good thing but I do not.

Music industry's (like SM, JYP ect) were getting a lot of shit for young trainees failing in school so they created Dream High where trainees could live, go to class and train.

I have no dream of becoming an idol and the only reason I'm accepting the scholarship is because they provide financial support for my family and me whilst I'm in the school.

I have no clue what I plan on doing after I leave the school but I need to focus on the present.

The only downfall is that I'll have to leave my younger brother and stay in the dorms. He's 16 now but he's still a baby. He'll have to practically do everything as my father is useless.

So that's how I ended up standing in front of the Dream High holding a backpack, suitcase and a very tall boy.

Well tall compared to me.

"I'll miss you Jungkook" I said giving him a huge hug. "I'll miss you more Taeha" he said resting his head on top of mine. I pulled away covering my eyes with my hands.

God I'm such a cry baby.

"Don't cry Taeha" Jungkook said trying to pull my hands away from my eyes but I kept them firmly in place. "I'm not crying I was cutting onions"

Smooth Taeha smooth

Jungkook smiled before giving me a final hug "I have to go now but don't skip meals and call me everyday"

"Since when did you become the adult?" I laughed hugging him back "Since now" he replied smiling back.

"Go inside now and don't forget to call" he said pulling away from the hug. "Yes mom" I replied whilst dragging my suitcase towards the entrance.

Once I reached the entrance I turned around to wave goodbye but he was already gone. "That kid" I sighed under my breath as I turned around only to bump into someone.

Being 5'1 this man looked like a giant. I slowly looked up at this mystery guy but his face was covered with this black mask and he had his hair covering his eyes.

As I've told you I never had much of a social life but what I didn't tell you is my brother is my only friend and the thought of people frighten me.

So I did what any other normal person would do...

Stand there with wide eyes,my mouth open staring up at him looking like a complete moron.

After approximately 10 seconds of standing there looking at each other he gently pushed me to the side and continued walking.

Get your shit together Taeha.

I quickly brushed off that nightmare of a meeting and continued walking into the building whilst I mentally slapped myself.

In my acceptance letter they told me my room was number 23 in the east block but I had no clue how to get there and it was really late so the corridors were all dark and deserted it was kinda creepy.

I was sharing with 3 other girls but I wasn't sure who they were so I was pretty nervous. Socialising isn't really my thing.

Once I reached my room I tried extra hard not to make any sound when opening the door as my roommates were probably asleep and I wasn't ready for another awkward encounter.

I slowly opened the door and entered inside it was really dark and I couldn't see one thing.

I put my suitcase in the corner of the room not quite sure of what I should do next.

Everything was going well but the world just hates me so suddenly all I hear is:

jigeumcheoreom manmanmanmanman man
isseojumyeon nannannannannan
baralge eopseuni neon amugeotdo
bakkuji mamamamama

This day just gets better and better.

Slowly each of the three girls woke up why I frantically tried to turn off my phone.

Why must you call now Jungkook?

After I turned off my phone each girl just stared at me but I didn't want this encounter to turn out like the last so I decided to say something.

"Hi I'm your new roommate my name is -"

jigeumcheoreom manmanmanmanman man
isseojumyeon nannannannannan
baralge eopseuni neon amugeotdo
bakkuji mamamamama

Why do you hate me Jungkook?

At that moment I gave up there was no going back from the awkward encounter so I slowly backed out of the room like an idiot leaving my suitcase there and closed the door.

There was no way I was going to be able to go back in there after what happened but I was so tired and I left my suitcase in there.

There was nothing I could do so I started walking until I found the schools reception.

There were a few sofas there but the front desk was closed so I used my backpack as a pillow and fell straight asleep.

I didn't really consider the consequences of falling asleep in the lobby but I didn't really have time to decide the best place to sleep.

But all I knew was I dead tired and I didn't really care where I fell asleep.

What a welcoming to Dream High.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys this is my first story so it's not going to be perfect but I worked really hard on this first chapter for you guys so I hope you liked it.

Sorry if it's a bit short but I didn't know the ideal amount of words I should use so if you know please tell me :)

Thanks for reading and I'll be sure to update this book as much as possible.

Bye 💕