Epigraph/Prologue

Handsome Lying Jerks

Written by Elizer Syrus Paule

Copyright © 2013

All Rights Reserved. 

This book is a work of fiction. Any names, characters, places, and events are product of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to any person (alive or dead) or events are purely coincidental.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means without the permission from the author. 

Be very careful on who you share your secrets with.

 They can keep it but someone might dig it. -Anonymous 

How It All Began

Have you ever felt that you were left out in a classroom where no one ever noticed you? Your classmates only notice you when you did something wrong and they will tease you about it. Have you ever felt all time low? That moment when you thought entering the classroom will be a whole new day, but actually it is not because it turns out a disaster when someone throws a joke on how you dress and the way you bring yourself in the class. And have you ever felt that you want to be just like the "it" boys in school to win lots of friends and girls? Well, be very careful on what you wished for because you never know that you are noticed by someone and those things that you wished might actually ruin your life.

Four unpopular lads in Mapleton, South Carolina wished to be like that. These lads have stories and secrets which they will never forget. One of them was Ismail Ambani. He's 17, a half Pakistani half American with a long wavy dark brown hair whose darkest secret was about losing his virginity when he was 15. It isn't obvious for a male not be virgin but it was embarrassing for a Pakistani Muslim like him having premarital-sex. He kept that secret from his parents for two years. Another lad with a secret was Louis Lockwood. He's also 17, an independent yet open-minded British goth-boy who has a pearl-white complexion and has a short brunette hair but unlike any other goth dudes, he doesn't like having piercings but loves to wear black and blue jackets. His secret was he had never kissed a girl before and in fact; he had never experienced having a girlfriend before. Another 18 year old named Richard Grayson was a victim of masochism. He kept this from his parents when he was 14 but they knew about it in his late 14's and was later sent to rehab when he was fifteen. After being rehabilitated, he redeemed himself and tried up for their football team in Mapleton when he was sixteen. Sometimes, when he's in the mood, he entered the school with a pompadour hairstyle but when he's not, he just entered with his messy light golden brown hair which made him look hotter with his a Caucasian white skin. Even though he was a footballer, he was not that popular for he was shadowed by someone. Even though he had been to rehab, his masochistic traits came back for he was dominated and abused by some of his fellow teammates especially the Quarterback whom he idolized. However, he realized that he needed to change because that person had crossed the line. He was sometimes at odds with that person because of its pushy and manipulative attitudes. He was very jealous to that person and wants to be more like him. Last but certainly not the least, the 17 year old boy named Travis Becker. He's tall and lanky with white skin tone. His ash brown hair had always been messy. He never liked combing it except if there is a really an important event. Among the four, his secret was about his sexuality: he's gay. He had a crush on the most popular boy in their school. Sometimes, he was thought to be the brother of Louis because of their hair and skin tone similarities. Another part of his life that he really hated was accepting a new father in his life.