Tom

My name is Tom. I have no brothers nor do I have sisters. I live with my aunt Jill from my dad's side and her son Phil. I moved in with them when my mom Tabetha and my dad Terence died in a car crash a few weeks ago. Don't judge me I didn't choose our names. I was sad when Jill told me that my parents' last text was, "Protect the house." Why couldn't their last words be something about their undying love for me or about their family? But no, it was about that silly little house we lived in for only a short time! As I said, I was sad but not so sad I could cry. I wish I cried, but I never cry and I never will.

School is starting soon and I don't think that will be fun considering I have no friends here because it's about two hours from my old house. This is going to be interesting. New school new me right?

It's 4:00am. I didn't plan on waking up this early, but Phil never turns off his T.V. He goes to sleep at 8:00pm and wakes up at 4:00am to watch his shows. He can't record it because this house doesn't have cable or Wi-Fi which I think totally sucks! My old house had Wi-Fi and cable.
I guess it's that his T.V. woke me up. I had to get up at 5:00am anyways to go to my old house to get the rest of my stuff. Since Phil and I share a room, my half of the room looks nothing like his half. His half is dark and the only light source is the Television, illuminating only his face and feet. When the light is on, his half of the room consists of; a dark blue bed ;and a poster that has a picure of a red car that has the words live fast across the top. My side, on the other hand, just has a white mattress with an Elmo blanket on it. Neither the mattress nor the blanket are mine. They used to be Phil's when he was two years old or something like that (which was 13 years ago.) This blanket is legit a year older than me.

Jill knocked on the door then without waiting for an response she walked in and said, "Tom and Phil, ya'll better be ready to go and be down stairs in a few so get outta bed!" Then she shut the door pretty hard.

We got ready then went downstairs to eat breakfast, the most important meal of the day. We had to help make it or else Jill will get angry and she'd go on talking and telling stories about her ex husband Bill who was lazy just like us. Again there is nothing I can do about their names except laugh. Then she'd make us clean the house... AGAIN! We made pancakes with blueberries which is my favorite fruit. Luckily they're Jill's and Phil's favorite too. We made extra for Jill just to be nice because after all she'd be driving us for two hours straight. "Y'all better go to the bathroom before we leave. I don't wanna stop in the middle of no where." She said. I took a wiz, then we left at 6:00am.

I get to sit in the front on the way there, then Phil sits in the front on the way back. Fair enough. The car we are driving looks like the one on Phil's poster. "Is this the same car as the one on your poster, Phil?" I asked.

"Uh yeah, my mom got the poster when she won the car a while back." said Phil.

"I won that car when I just learned how to drive. It was a raffle prize at a park and I didn't think I would have won, but I did." She said this with a half smile.

***

The ride to the was house is long and boring. Halfway there Jill really had to use the bathroom (psh hypocrite) but it's okay because I have to pee too. We stopped at a gas station with a sign that reads BUY OUR GAS OR MAKE IT!! Phil almost peed himself from laughter. Their bathroom is gross and smells like someone was drinking beer then spilled it then tried to clean it up with vomit. There is no toilet paper on the roll probably because it's all over the floor. Then we left after Phil and Jill got some chips and soda. Hopefully the drive to the house won't last that long now.

To tell the truth, I'm scared to go back to my old home. I haven't seen the house since my parents died. I won't be missing anyone because all of my family died, well except Phil and Jill. My mom's side of the family all lives across the world in Russia. That house must be empty and lonely, good thing I have no pets.