Lucien's Mate (Adult Version) 20% Sample

Summary

His instinct is to claim her. Her instinct is to run. Will Lucien enjoy the thrill of the chase and have the satisfaction of bedding his mate?
Virginal Lanie is shocked speechless when she meets Lucien, a sexy Alpha. From the moment he sees her, Lucien knows Lanie is his mate and he will stop at nothing to make her his. Unfortunately, Lanie is terrified of her attraction to him and refuses his advances. Can Lucien seduce this scared virgin? Will Lanie fight her growing desire for Lucien or will she throw caution to the wind and give her body and her heart to a man determined to have her?

Chapter 1

The door opened and he suddenly forgot how to breathe. Sights and sounds around him disappeared as he focused on her. He watched her while she spoke to the waitress, ran her hand through her short black hair. His eyes never left her as she walked across the room to the bar at the back of the restaurant. Her hips swayed slightly and he admired the way her jeans hugged her round ass. He wondered how good it would feel to hold her hips while he rubbed his cock against her generous bottom. His cock began to twitch in anticipation. His pack mates stared at him in shocked silence as he got up and walked across the room to the bar.

Lanie hurried into Jack’s, a local restaurant that catered exclusively to werewolves. She opened the door and stepped into the quaint restaurant. Laughter and loud voices greeted her as well as the scent of delicious Italian food. Behind the hostess podium, she noted an almost full restaurant. Diners sat at the tables enjoying red wine and pasta. Pasta was their specialty, and their garlic bread was to die for! She was certain Heaven had an unlimited supply of Jack’s garlic bread.

It was fairly early for the dinner crowd and she was surprised to see so many patrons here. This was her last errand today and she was anxious to get back to her darling triplets. Tessa greeted her warmly and informed her that they were unusually busy today, so they were a little behind on her daily order. At Tessa’s suggestion, she decided to wait in the bar.

“What’ll it be, darlin’?” Toby asked as he wiped down the counter. Lanie yawned as she sat down.

“Just coffee. I’m so tired I could fall asleep standing up!” She stifled another yawn, arched her back and stretched her arms behind her head, unaware the action pushed her breasts outward.

Toby licked his lips as he stared at her breasts and swore he heard a growl. His eyes snapped up and he saw the pissed off man behind her. He paled as recognition set in. “Toby? What’s wrong? You look…” Scared as hell, she thought. What could possibly scare the tough looking bartender, she wondered as she turned around. She sucked in a breath, shocked at the man standing right behind her. Lanie could swear she heard warning bells going off in her head. This man exuded danger.

At six feet tall, he towered over her. He had short, thick black hair and the most beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen. His goatee only accentuated the three long scars across his right cheek. He looked seriously pissed at Toby. He clenched his jaw and she saw the muscle there jump. His shirt clung to his massive chest and flat belly. He also had really muscular arms, something she definitely appreciated. His fists were clenched at his sides. His entire body was tense, as if ready for a fight. She heard Toby swear and back away. She thought she heard him say, “Shit man, I didn’t know….”

The stranger’s eyes followed Toby as he moved away. Once Toby was out of his sight, he relaxed his stance, tension completely gone. He moved to sit on the barstool next to her and turned to face her. He leaned slightly toward her, closed his eyes and inhaled her scent.  His eyes snapped open and he looked at her, confusion on his face. She smelled of baby powder and had the unmistakable scent of pups, yet he could smell no man’s scent on her body. He was about to say something when Lanie’s cell phone rang. She glanced at the caller ID and saw it was her brother, Michael. She answered and listened for a minute. “ALL of them?! Shit, don’t they have any damn manners?...Ok, Ok, I’ll get some more food, but they are busy here so it may take a while. I’m at Jack’s now, waiting for our usual order… mmmhmmm. How are the kids? ...Oh, good. All right, I’ll see you in a bit…bye.”