Falling For A Star

PROLOGUE

                Hey! So, Mom, Dad, Stevy here who is STEVY! Stop picking your nose please. Come on, not in front of the camera. That's disgusting. Oh no, don't you dare give me that finger EEEW! Please show a bit of discipline, will you? I'm making memories here. Just quit it, okay.

                "Whaaat?! I'm not hurting you, am I?"

                "You don't know how much you're hurting my reputation right now." *SIGH* Well, as you can see we're in our car and we're on our way to our beach house where we'll be spending our summer. I'll be missing home and I'm trying to think of all the positive energies that I can get from this because I want to have a. . . umm. . . STEVY! Grow up, will you. *EYE ROLL* Stevy's just ten so, maybe I'll let this pass. But if he dares to stick that finger again I swear, he'll grow up so fast that he doesn't have time to change his diapers.

                "I don't wear diapers?!"

                Oh, we're near the beach house! I'll update more later, okay? I'm hoping this summer will be a blast.

                "At least not about a month ago."

CHAPTER ONE

               Sea gulls flutter over the calm, blue sea as Mathilda's family find a perfect spot in front of the beach house to park. Mathilda turns off the camera and places it inside her backoack, ready to get off of their car.

               "Ugh... I think I have a terrible car lag." Mathilda complains as she opens the blue volvo's door and gets off. She simply just drags her backpack off and drops it on the ground as she inhales the typical sea smell.

               "F.Y.I, Sis, I think that's jet lag."

               "Well, at least there's something you know besides picking green, ripe cabbages off your nose, genius." Mathilda teases her brother.

               "A-nyehnyeh." Stevy mutters with a grim face. "Whatever."

               "That's enough kids. Now, go help your father unpack." Their mother says.

               "Yeah, go help Dad." Mathilda says to her brother, not realizing that it includes her too.

               "You too young lady. Off you go." Their mother shoos them away.

               "Moooom! I have jet lag." 

               "Don't you tell me that same old, lame excuse again. Just go help your father, please?" Their mom says then heads off to the porch to open the door.

               "Great. Now I'm stuck with you." Stevy mumbles.

               "Oh, shut up, Stevy."

***

               "Matty! Where are you going? We're not done packing yet!" Mathilda's Mom yells loudly as she opens the back door that leads directly to the beach.

               An unexpected breeze greets her, making her long, pale, blond hair wave behind her shoulders, as she leaves the open ajar, her left foot keeping the door open.

               "I'll just stroll by the beach for a while, Mom! You know, to stretch my legs."

               Her Mom doesn't reply. All she hears is the sound of paper crumbling, probably the sound of newspaper used to pack the fragile items.

               "I still have a bit of jet lag so..."

More silence.

"Okay, I'll go now." Mathilda says as she waits for a few seconds, expecting to hear an answer.

"I'm - on - my - waaay..."

"Just go, Matty, will you? Before I change my mind." Her Mom says with a hint of irritation in her voice.

Mathilda quickly opens and closes the door, almost stumbling as she does so. She leans on the closed door for a second and takes a deep breathe of the salty air.

"Whooo." She wipes her forehead with the back of her hand as if the intenstity of the moment made her sweat but it was just an expression she usually used in certain situations. "Glad that's over."

*That's just a short introduction. :) Tell me what you think about it so far. :) I'll continue it later*