Chapter 1: The Start of An Adventure

Set in medieval times.

Chapter 1

"Are you insane?!" The Prince's older brother yelled.

The Prince wrapped himself in a dark green cape with the hood concealing his face. He wore a black vest with golden buttons, under the vest he wore a light, brown long sleeves shirt. Somthing that peasants wore. The younger Prince struggled to pull on his long brown boots over his black pants.

"Brother. Where do you intend to live? You know not the outside world! You could be killed easily, you are an easy prey. You are only 15." The oldest said worriedly. "What would mother and father say?"

"What would they say?" The youngest said coldly. "I'd bet they'd be happy.." He grabbed his leather bag around his back and walked ever so calmly down the stone steps, his boots clicking with every step, the noise resonating against the grey walls.

"No Alexander, that's where your wrong. They love you! By heavens, your their son!"

Alexander stopped for a second. Gritting his teeth as he gripped the bag tightly. "Matthew.. They don't love me. I was always punished, locked away. This is a way to redeem my childhood" and he continued down the stairs.

Matthew sighed, "But you are still a child." he said quietly as he followed slowly. It's not like he could convince him to stay with candy or toys. He was no longer the little infant that used to tail him where ever he went. Alexander walked outside, the dew laying freshly on the green grass. They made their way to the stables, where Alexander's loyal horse stood, waiting.

Alexander tied all his equipment and bags to his horse. Turning around he stared at Matthew with his determined, piercing violet eyes. "Matthew. I don't belong here. Being King or in a royal family was never and never will be what I shall be, the days of being in your shadow are over. Alas, I must find my real position in this vast world. I know there is more than just dark corners, like in the castle." He mounted his horse, gripping the reins, he waved to his brother. "Farewell dear brother, perhaps our paths shall cross again one day."

And Alexander left Matthew, with a cloud of dust.

It wasn't as if this was the first time Alexander thought of this. Running away that is. His so called mother barely acknowledged him and his own father pretended not to know him. He only had one servant and apparently, even she was reluctant to serve him. The whole kingdom either didn't even know he exsisted or somehow despised him.

For some reason they all thought he was 'cursed' because of his strange eye color. Purple wasn't normal, and with Matthew having perfect deep,blue eyes and blonde hair an exact copy of the King, it was what everyone wanted. Even his 'parents'.

Every day, a doctor came to see his eyes, trying to figure out what caused the 'curse'. And of course, he was perfectly healthy. Always been healthy actually.

And Alexander had enough of the stupid people with thier rumours and their bizarre theory. Even though Alexander had never seen the land beyond the castle courtyard, he was certain he was going to be fine. Well... that was before he actually decided to follow through with his 'plan'.

He rode his horse at a steady pace. He was going to have to pass the Market, where the villagers were.

Alexander rode faster, he didn't want to stop here. He hated them all.

"Oi! You there! Stop it boy!" A man yelled.

'Damn..' About to say that he couldn't order him around because he was a Prince, he bit his tongue and slowed down. He stared at the man with icy eyes, covered behind his hood. "What?"

"You gotta slow down there young man, you could trample somebody."

He stopped him for such a minuscule reason?! But still.. he musn't raise attention. With his hidden eyes he smiled fakely, unbeknownst to man. "I understand sir, it won't happen again."

Alexander saw a hint of a blush on his sweaty face. "V-very well."

Alexander continued riding his horse (slower) and waved at the man behind him. 'Creep.' he thought.

A little girl ran right in front of Alexander's horse, causing Alexander to pull at the reins quickly. His horse, Maximus, neighed loudly, probably surprised. Alexander's hood flew off with the sudden impact. But just in time, he shut his eyes. When Maximus calmed down, Alexander pulled the hood back on quickly, hitting his horse as to tell him to start running. And he did. All the villagers scared, wondering why the boy on the horse just left. The little girl quivering in fear.

Alexander passed a shop. A pharmacy. Max slowed down. Its as if he sensed what his master wanted, but of course, he was highly trained.

Alexander dismounted Max and tied him to a tree. Cautiously, he opened the creaky, wooden door and walked in. A bell on the top jingled when he did, alerting the shop owner. When Alexander neared the desk the man said,

"Hello stranger! Haven't seen you around here. Might you be new?"

Alexander walked torwards him, securing his hood into place. "Yeah. I guess you could say that."

"So whatcha doing here? In Faladore I mean?"

"Oh just passing through.."

"Ok well! Is there anything I can get you?"

"Yes. Would you happen to have any bandages?"

The pharmacist nodded and opened one of his drawers. He pulled out metal box with the cross engraved into it. He opened it, in his hands he showed Alexander a roll of white bandages.

"Would this be ok for you, son?"

"Yes, this is fine." Alexander grabbed it and put it on one of his pockets. "How much do I owe you?"

"Six pence."

Alexander threw him the money, thanked him and disappeared like a ghost.

_______________________________________________________________________________

PITUP: Like it so far..? Yah, i have no idea where that... idea for this story came from!! Ah yes i forgot to say, credit for the pic goes to ~TheFinalParadox on deviantart. I just edited it by adding the hood and changing his eyes to purple, Thanks again!