Change (Larry)

Christmas.

They had to fight on Christmas.

Not even Christmas.

Christmas Eve. 

His birthday.

To be fair, it wasn't exactly his fault. He doesn't even remember all of what happened to be honest. One minute they were all happy smiley, talking and giggling and snuggling on the couch, just enjoying each others presence. Then the next, they were screaming and yelling at one another. Things being thrown, smashed, promise rings being taken off and forgotten on the floor. It all ended when Louis stormed out, slamming the door behind him claiming he would never come back.

Harry watched as his boyfriend of three years stormed right out the front door, only dressed in light reindeer pajama pants and one of Harry's oversized t-shirts, toms quickly shoved on his feet last minute thing before leaving, probably going far away from their flat. Not going too far though since he left his keys sitting on the side table in the den where they had just been watching some Christmas special.

That didn't matter right now though.

Harry kept his gaze locked on the door, everything that had just been spewed out in a fury of anger swarming around in his hazy head. Had he forgotten to mention that there was alcohol involved during the night. Some expensive wine, some beer (at Louis' request) and some other concoction that Harry had made that he couldn't remember the name of.

'That was probably the cause of this fight,' Harry thought somewhere in the far back of his mind, not even registering that he was thinking that. His thoughts were more concerned about the fight.

“Why don't you ever trust me?!” Harry roared, a blob of something being thrown in Louis' direction. Louis ducked before it had a chance to hit him, hearing it shatter against the wall his boyfriend was near.

“You never give me a reason to! I never see you anymore and you always come home wasted and giggly! What am I supposed to think?!”

Harry glanced around the room, barely registering the fact he had stepped deeper into the den where the fight occurred, seeing a bunch of scattered glass on the floor. Harry concluded that it was probably the beer bottles, and that's what was being thrown.

He slowly made his way over towards a sparkling object on the floor. He bent down and picked it up, playing with it in his hands.

Louis' ring.

I cant deal with this anymore!” Louis screamed, taking a step towards Harry. He gave him a rough shove, Harry stumbling back a bit from the impact. “We barely talk anymore Harry! Unless it has to do with the damn band or an occasion like this. And we barely can talk during work because they don't want us even in the same room, yet they have to because it's our job. They make us stay away from each other, and when we do come back home to the same flat, you leave. You leave Harry! I-”

“Maybe I cant deal with it!” Harry shoved Louis back away from him, rage fueling his mind. “I cant deal with it all. The constant questioning about if were together and having to say no. It hurts Louis! It hurts so fucking much and I need to unwind-”

“That's why I'm here!” Louis screamed, and Harry would've flinched if he wasn't so angry; he had never seen Louis this loud and mad before. “I'm here for you Harry during all of this! And don't you think I have it bad too?! I have a fucking beard for God's sake! I have to deal with all of this shit just so behind the scenes we can still stay together, and I live for those moments. Yet we never have them anymore because you're either not home or you're hammered! Don't you get it Harry?! You need to stop this! Why do you think I don't trust you?! I have no goddamn reason to! With all the shit you pull I could've left by now, I should've left by now-”