Chapter 1

Brandon pov:
as we pull up in the driveway, Marianna immediately runs out of the car to go take a shower. Callie and I make it to the front porch and just look into each other's eyes. we're about to do it. we're about to tell them we're together. I squeeze her hand for reassurance and we walk inside. surprisingly, we find Rita sitting at our kitchen table. we say our hellos and make our way over to them.
when they say that Callie can get adopted, I look over to her and feel like I just got my heart ripped out of my chest. we both have the same look on our faces - hurt, confusion, and heartbreak. while everyone is hugging, I sneak upstairs to my room and shut the door. about 10 minutes later, someone knocks on my door. "come in" I say. "hey, B" I turn around to see Callie with tears in her eyes. "Cal..." I start to say. "no. let me talk. ok?" I just nod my head. she sits next to me on the bed, faces me, and takes my hand. "Brandon. I love you. that will never change. when we walked in that front door, I made a decision. I made the decision that I am going to stay with you. I chose you and I will choose you every time from now on. I'm not getting adopted, B. I can't live without you. ok? you make me feel safe, secure, happy... you make me smile and laugh like no one can and I love you. my mom would have loved you. and I know what you're thinking. you're thinking that 'I've always wanted a family' "she's right. "and your right. I do. and I have one. you. and who knows? if this works out, they will be my legal family one day" when she said that, I have never loved her more. I took her in my arms and kissed her with everything I have.

"I love you too, Callie Quinn Jacob

"I love you too, Callie Quinn Jacob. and this will work! we can do this. I promise you everything will be ok." with that, I kissed her head and we walked downstairs for dinner.
Callie's pov:
we sat down for dinner, with Brandon next to me. as Marianna is talking about her broken nail, Brandon slides his hand up my thigh under the table. I gasp and everyone's head turns towards me as Brandon let's out a small laugh. "you ok, Callie?" Steff asks questionably. "huh? oh yea. I'm fine!" I give her a tight smile and everyone continues to eat. I elbow Brandon in the ribs and he laughs once again, which makes me let out a small smile, hearing him laugh. "what's so funny, you two??" Lena asks. Brandon answers with "oh nothing. just a joke. " "well can we hear it?" Jude asks. "nah" Brandon says. "yea it's complicated. " I finish. "oh ok" Jude says and we all finish our dinner and head upstairs.
Brandon's pov:
4:32 am.
I've been up all night thinking about Callie and our future together. I was thinking in a perfect world - we would go to New York together, go to Juilliard and be happy. we would get married right after college and have some kids. and even foster a few. we would grow old together and it would be perfect. then I got an idea and got so excited so I texted Callie to meet me in the back yard on the swing.
Callie's pov:
4:50 am.
*buzz buzz*
I turn over and see I got a text from my love.

Brandon
hey come meet me out back on the swing. I have a proposal ;)

I quietly jumped out of bed and ran downstairs then outside. I found him outside on the swing, where he said he'd be. I went over and sat ext to him, where he pulled me into his lap and kissed my forehead. "so what's this proposal?" I ask with a slight smirk. "let's run away" he says. "what?!" I whisper/scream. "shhhh!" he says. "think about it. we could be together and we could be happy. we could go to New York. like we've always wanted!" he saying with a smile. "I actually like sound of that. but what about - " I didn't finish cause Brandon cut me off. "Callie- think about you. put everyone else aside. if you want to do this we will do it. tomorrow night! don't make this decision on moms or Jude or anyone else but you. just think about it ok?" he asks. "I will but I already have an answer. of course I'll run away will you, Brandon Foster!" I say excited.