Chapter 1- Leaving Spain For Chrismas

Gloomy and damp was the weather outside as the Flinches packed the back of the Rolls Royce hearse with boxes filled with decorations, the bitter cold nipped at David's nose. "Oh for fucks sake!" He grumbled in frustration, he looked back at Underwood and Calpurina; "I'm going warm up the car!" He got in and slammed the door, Underwood rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Calpurina? Is your uncle always this stubborn?" He ask. Lisa came out with the last box and politely smiled, "David doesn't fancy the holidays as much as we do, I don't know why he would have such a hatred for such a wonderful time of year!" She struggled to get the box into the back, Underwood took the box from her and returned the smile. Lisa fastened the last button on her coat before getting into the front with David, Underwood glanced at Calpurina who seemed rather down; after all it was the first Christmas without her father around and Underwood tried to make her happy by acting as a father figure than a teacher or friend. "You ready? Because I want to get moving I hate the snow!" David shouted.

Meanwhile at Underwoods holiday estate Cynthia, Gerald, and Lydia were already getting comfortable. Lydia screeched and bolted out of her room, "Little bastards! Oh they are even worse than Calpurina!" Lydia cringed as two mice skittered down the hall, Gerald caught the mice in his hat, "Oh calm your self Lydia! They must be Calpurina's." He chuckled pointing at the cage, "I don't believe you remember when John bought her snake food!" Cynthia laughed, Lydia glared at the mice and the memory came back to her. "Calpurina was so happy when she got them!" She smiled, she looked at their beady red eyes as they nibbled on their food; she stuck her finger into the cage and with hesitation the little white rodent nipped at her finger causing her to pull back in fear. "Shit!" she hissed, Gerald decided to hold one in his hand, it sniffed around and nibbled at his sleeve, he chuckled and put it back in the cage and left the room with Lydia.