Kissing My Sister's Fiancé

(By: LullabyStar) 

Chapter 1

I didn't ask for this. In the beginning, I didn't want anything to happen. It was never planned or anything. It just happened. It was so quick before my eyes. And I didn't regret it one bit. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

"You look fine," I assured my sister, who was trying on her bridal gown. She'd decided to go strapless, since she thought it brought out her "inner youth", since Chris, her fiancé, was only twenty-two, and she was soon-to-be going on twenty-five. She was trying on her third dress, all of which looked quite similar.

"Are you sure, Harley? Or are you just telling me that so we can leave?"

"Ashley! The dress looks fine!" I snapped and looked at it again. The dress fit her shape perfectly, and it was a pretty shade of white and ivory.

My sister was tall and gorgeous. I wasn't nearly as pretty as her, I thought, with her blonde hairand icy blue eyes. I was oddball out of our family, with long, light brown golden hair. I was petite. I wasn't tall, unlike my sister, who could pass for a model.

"Chris just texted," She said, checking her phone. "He wants us to meet him at the café across the street. Sounds good?"

I nodded, grabbing my bag. Ashley soon changed out her outfit, and we walked to the café where Chris greeted us, giving Ashley a quick kiss.

Chris had messy blonde hair that got into his eyes. His peculiar and sparkly hazel eyes, toned and tan skin, and his slim and muscle-toned figure.

But most of all, Chris was handsome. Extremely handsome. My sister was sure lucky to have him, they looked like a good couple, and she was real close to his height.

"Hello Harley," he smiled, a genuine smile, one you give when you take a photo.

"Chris," I leaned forward to give him a quick hug, then pulled back. Man, it felt so awkward. This guy was marrying my much older sister.

After we took our seats; Ashley and Chris on one side, and I on the other, we ordered.

"What would you like to drink?" the waiter asked.

"Iced latte, extra sugar, no whipped cream, thanks." I answered.

"Interesting order," Chris commented.

I shrugged.

While devouring the taste of indulgent chocolate cake in my mouth, Ashley and Chris were both drinking coffee.

"How's cool?" asked Chris nonchalantly. I bet he wanted me to bond with him because he was marrying my sister.

"Fine," I muttered.

"Isn't this your second year?"

"Third," I replied, stabbing my fork into my cake.

"Wow," he replied, sounding impressed. "How old are you?"

"Nineteen," i said, plopping the cake into my mouth. "How's school for you?"

Chris was studying to become a doctor, and he was at medical school, at his parent wishes.

"Good," he smiled, clearly happy that I said something besides answering his questions.

"So you want to become a doctor, then? It's your passion?" I asked, taking a sip of my latte.

"Well, I-"

"Your parents are forcing you?" I guessed.

It didn't surprise me. his father used to be a surgeon, and his mother used to be a long-time nurse.

"Harley," Ashley warned, but I ignored this. "Don't listen to her, Chris."

"No, I want to hear what she has to say."

That's one thing I liked about Chris. He was a good listener, and he didn't judge anyone.

I shrugged. "I just think that you're your own person, you know? You shouldn't be forced to be or do anything. It's your life, and you only get one, so live it however you want to. I don't give a crap about anybody tells me to be. I'll be whoever I want to be."

Chris looked at me with a meaningful look. Ashley looked like she was about to steam up.

When we finally finished eating, Chris brought Ashley home first, and then dropped me off at my apartment.

After cutting the engine, Chris ran a hand though his hair.

"Bye, Chris." I waved, starting to get out of the car, until I stopped, noticing how weird it felt.

I gave him a light and soft peck on his cheek, and then half-smiled. He looked at me in surprise.

"Welcome to the family, Chris." I told him with a grin.

"Thanks," he replied, still a bit surprised.

"Now, goodbye," I grinned, getting out of the car.

He smirked and waited for me to get into my apartment until driving off. With one last wave, he was gone.

My older sister Ashley was going to be Ashley Matthews soon, with Chris as her husband. And I wasn't so sure how I felt about the situation.