Connected

"We can't keep them" I stated once I walked in the room. Tom remained seated, staring at the babies asleep, his gaze full of love and awe. Then he turned to me. His silver eyes filled with annoyance.

"I thought you went to convince your dad to keep the b-" he began but was cut off by me.

"My fathers choice is final and he won't step down. They are not of this world, therefore thy can not be mine." my voice broke and my sight blurred a bit. I looked away, not wanting to see the disappointment in his beautiful face."He's going through a hard time... we all are... I'm so sorry. I tried to convince, mother's fine, but father just won't ..." I trailed off.

"Carolina ... take me back to my world." Tom softly whispered to me, sadness lingering in his tone.

" Well then, we shall leave." I said quietly, on the verge of bursting in tears. While all I could think was 'Poor babies'.

             ***********************************************************************************************

Three girls, Lacey, Mila, and Claire, living completely different lives to each other. Their lives will change when they discover each other, a different world and uncover the secrets of their family.

This is a rewritten and improved (hopefully) version of the previous 'connected' story I wrote.