In The View Of Indigo

CHAPTER 1:   Beginnings

The hot summer wind rolled in through the open windows, whipping at my skirt. "Oh my god, I'm dying in here" I whispered with a slight chuckle, as I blew a nearly melting Malteser over to Sara at the end of the wooden table. My sweaty cheek pressed against the desk, as we both tried spontaniously to entertain ourselves during our dreaded class, Science. Sarah giggled back at me just as she opened her mouth to the rolling Malteser. "Goal!" I laughed. "Indigo Fraser! I have told you once and I will tell you again, BE QUIET", an angry Ms Stevens bellowed from the front desk, crumbling the chalk in her fist with anger. "Someones angry" I said cheekily, but this time Ms Stevens didn't put up a fight.

"Hey Indie". I heard a voice come from behind me. I lifted my head off the desk, and turned around as swiftly as I could. A pair of pearly whites presented themselves to me. "I can see your underwear", the boy said laughing at me. His name was Billy Colders, and if you were known to have ever done anything with Billy, you were known as a first class slut. I gave him a sarcastic smirk, as I looked down to see a tiny line of lace poking out from my green skirt. "Maybe I can give you a hand" he said laughing at his inquiry amongst his friends.

Boys this age were lets just say at their 'prime time'. All they thought about these days was girls, sex, money, sex, food and did I mention sex yet? "Mate leave her alone", I looked over to the end of the desk  to see him. He had dirty blonde hair, tanned skin, and oh dear lord his body. Blake's midnight blue eyes caught mine. You could say we might have a bit of a 'thing' going. "Just hook up with her already then" Billy said fowardly. Sara nudged my leg with her foot, as she noticed I was still holding eye contact with Blake. I broke it, looking over to her a little nervously at the remark of what Billy had just said.

Suddenly, the tension was broken by the ringing of the school bell. "Finally!" I said, putting my arm around my best friend. I had known Sara for as long as I could remember. She knew everything there possibly was about me and I knew everything about her. We held each others deepest darkest secrets locked away in our minds, for only our knowledge. Best friends we are and forever would be. Sara turned her face towards me, smirking, knowing what I was thinking. "NO!" I laughed loudly, as we began to walk towards the back gates. "Indie, all you have to do is ask him!" she said.

Sara had planted the idea in my mind that I could ask to sneak a kiss from Blake at an upcoming party. The host of the party was a girl named Lizzy, known for her outrageous actions. All types of rumours spread over school about the poor girl, and each time each rumour began to become more believable. She had invited the whole year to the upcoming event, and knowing her this wasn't going to be a 'picnic' of a party. "Okay maybe" I said shyly. Sara let out an excited shriek to my response. "Only if I have the guts to do it though!" I reassured her.

Being a 15 year old girl wasn't at all easy and definitely had its perks. Right now our generation cared for only money, drugs and sex, but I didn't completely oblige to that rule. Yes both me and Sara had a place on the popularity scale, but I didn't completely understand why people our age were into all these things just quite yet. Maybe the fun involved with those three things, was why they were so intriguing to young people like me.

Being the complete opposite to all my friends, I hadn't even been kissed yet by a boy, whereas many girls my age had made their way up to a homerun. I didn't fully understand why I hadn't. Me and all my friends were quite 'friendly' with alot of guys in our year, and I had had my fair share of admirers over the past year so I didn't really have an idea why I hadn't yet. Maybe it was because I was shy in that area of experties. Or maybe I hadn't found the right guy.

Either way I was hoping I could let my guard down a little at the party, and 'explore' my options. And Blake seemed like the person to do exactly that. We were close friends, but recently we had both developed feelings for each other. Blake was such a sweet, caring boy as well as quite attractive. Normally girls, would be love struck at first glance. But he meant so much more than that to me. He knew basically everything about me. What I loved and what I loathed.

"Bye!" I exclaimed out to Sara as I watched her from behind, her hair bouncing up and down in her loose plait. "See you on Sunday! Pucker up" she yelled back to me. I smiled to myself as I opened the rusty gate to my house. I hopped on each of the grey stepping stones, as I had done for the past 15 years every time I walked into the garden. Sunshine peeked through the canapy of the vines gripping onto the arched structure my Mum had put there 2 years ago. My Mum was a landscaper, and always found new creative ways to add character and personaity to our family home.

Finally I reached the front door, opening it to the sound of laughter and screaming. The good kind of screaming. The screaming of when I knew I was home. Casey and Lily ran towards me, as I braced myself for the force that would soon nearly knock me to the floor. Casey and Lily were my 5 year old brother and sister and were known as 'double trouble' in our house. Slamming themselves into me, they hugged me tightly around the waist, cheering my name and welcoming me home. I trailed off to the kitchen to find Mum still not home, grabbed an apple and headed up the spiralling stairs and into my bedroom.

Could Sunday be the day where something actually happens between Blake and I? I will just have to wait and see.