Prologue

Diana slowly shut her eyes, allowing the icy cold wind to bite her cheeks, she tightly clutched the bundle to her chest like a mother would a newborn baby. The howling wind flew through her hair as she crumbled loose sand between her toes.

The woman's beautiful, sapphire dress danced exotically in the wind, showing off gleaming crystals and diamonds that glinted in the moonlight like a thousand shimmering stars. Her chocolate-brown hair - tied loose in a braid that reached her lower back- was decorated with sparkling pearls and miniature flowers that contrasted her deep brown colour. A jagged crown sat atop of her head, embellished with a crystal-clear diamond in the centre, symbolising her status. If it wasn't for the tears that streamed down her face like an flowing river, many would have thought she was the most luckiest woman in the world.

Diana allowed the music of the waves to calm her sorrows as she opened her tear-streaked eyes, letting the cool breeze wipe away her tears.

Slowly, yet with care, Diana unwrapped the bundle; exposing the barely-hairy head of a sleeping baby- oblivious of all that was happening around her. The woman stared lovingly down at the baby that slept peacefully in her arms. This was her daughter, not his. After smoothing away loose baby hairs that stuck to her daughters forehead, Diana placed a warm kiss on the centre. Taking a deep shaky breath, she begun to sing. Her melodious voice sounded like a beautiful orchestra- it was as if it was created by a mixture of harps, flutes and violins. Her words however, were as if it was sung in a foreign language.

With her thumb, she gently touched the middle of her daughters forehead. Suddenly, strength and colour drained from her weak nimble body. From her fingertips, she emitted streaks of aqua blue that wove into a magical shield around her daughter. With one last silent goodbye, she placed her baby in the water. Trembling, she watched helplessly as her only child submerged into the depths of the sea. Dianna muttered a silent prayer and hoped she would see her again.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hello and welcome to Beneath the Ocean!
My name is Sarah and I am here to give you a hooking tale filled with happiness, anger, sadness and best of all- love!