Tethered, a Guy and Marian's story

This video is about Guy of Gisborne and Lady Marian of Knighton, from Robin Hood BBC.

The event start while Nottingham is besieged by Sir Jasper (Season 2, episode 10 "Walkabout"). Before beginning this story, you can see "It's Our Fight", the video I made about this fanfiction. You can find it on the right side of the story. I hope you will like it and the story too.

English is not my first language, so, thanks to brokenheirloom for her wonderful work as my beta.

Tethered, Chapter 1

"Marry me now. Make it the last thing we do. Let's steal that from them at least."

Guy was looking directly in my eyes, and the intensity of his look melted my heart and made my blood boil. In an instant, all the things he'd done for me overwhelmed me as much as the certainty of his undying love for me. I had been so surprised and so proud of him when he came back to fight beside me while he could have saved his life. That was not the first time he put aside his desires, his wishes and even his purposes to please me, help me or save me. I had always been moved by his pure and devoted love for me but this time, this was so much more, so profound… it was as if I could read his soul, and what I saw at this very instant made me make the gesture which changed the rest of our lives.

"Let's do it," I whispered, reaching to take his hand in mine while his eyes opened wide, a shocked expression on his face – doubt, sadness, I couldn't put my finger on it but it wasn't a happy one, I was sure of it.

"Are you mocking me?" he asked, his voice sounding almost hurt.

I squeezed his hand in mine to prevent him from pulling away and put my other hand on his, encircling it in a warm embrace.

"I'm serious. Come, we haven't a lot of time." I guided him downstairs where the priest had finished preparing the room for the future casualties. I was in such a hurry! At this moment, I knew I was right to marry him; I was overwhelmed by his brave actions and all the feelings that roared through me.

But, like an icy hand squeezing my heart a terrible thought came to my mind… what if I was wrong… He was after all a devilish man or at least the henchman of the devil himself… would I be tethered forever to such a man? Forever? Well no. We had at most a few hours to live. And I certainly would never let him die alone after all he has done for me since we met. So, I lengthened my pace and I forbade myself from thinking or waiting anymore before the wedding.

Guy followed me in a daze, as if he couldn't believe what was happening. It was like he had wished this moment for so long that he didn't realize that finally he would have what he had wanted more than anything.

On the way to the Great Hall, I called to Allan-A-Dale and Sarah, my maidservant, telling them they would be our witnesses. I was surprised at how determined and organised I could be for once while Guy stood beside me as if he was sleepwalking. Allan raised an eyebrow to me and, understanding I was serious, teased me mercilessly, knowing his master was too much in a daze to react.

"So, that kiss was real after all." His reference to our 'fake' kiss while I was trying to save Robin made me blush. "I never knew you had that in you, Marian… Ouch!" He couldn't say more, Sarah slapping him on the back of his head to silence him.

When I explained our request to the priest, he was a little reluctant at first because he remembered too well our first attempt at a wedding. Yet, when he saw the resolution in my eyes and posture, he agreed and told us we had already had the first part of the ceremony, so, since the time was short before the attack, we would go directly to the vows.

That was the moment when Guy finally took in the situation and, glancing at everyone in the room, he told them in a deep and strong voice that for now our marriage would be secret, at least until the situation with Sir Jasper and the siege was over. I sent him an inquiring look and he answered me earnestly, "I want you to be mine and only mine for now." A shadow of his usual smug smile appeared on his lips making me poke at his chest playfully while biting my lower lip… something I regretted as soon as I saw how he licked his lips in response.