Prologue

MISSING SUBJECT REPORT:

 NAME:RODNEY JENNIFER MCFIELD

 BIRHT DATE: 2/8/96    

 AGE: 14

 GENDER: FEMALE

 HEIGHT: 5 FT. 6 IN.

 WEIGHT: 121 LB.S

 DNA INFUSION: PANTHERA ONCA (BLACK JAGUAR)

 STATUS: ESCAPEE

 DATE: 2/7/07

REPORT MADE BY:

X David Kawasaki           X    Andrew Carter

That is my report. The report that was made the day before my birthday, the day when Kawasaki, a member of the Inner Priests attempted to kidnap me from my family, take me to their lab, and experiment on me until I was no good. Then they would do the whole thing over again to another kid, just like me, just a little different. Maybe they would be infused with Eagle DNA, or fish DNA, or who knows what else. All I know is that the next kids won’t be as lucky as me.

These people who call themselves the “Inner Priests” are a bunch of sick-minded self-righteous scientists whose goal is to ruin the lives of unborn children and their families. That may not be how they see, but that’s how the rest of us do.

A supposedly good doctor tells his patients, who are young couples, to come in and get a checkup before they try and have kids. The couple thinks, “Why not?” and goes and does it. The doctor does some tests, and then gives the couple unfortunate news that they are unable to conceive a children. The couple, heartbroken and miserable, ask if there is any way to ever have children. The doctor sits and thinks, then suddenly remembers something new, and inexpensive that could help them. The couple is so grateful and immediately goes and has the treatment done. Only to have their children to be born mutants. 80% human, 20% animal.

They scenario above is exactly what happens, and what happened to my parents. What happened to me. They tell the couple they are going to give them a treatment that will let them have children, but what they really do is inject the wife with animal DNA that will implant itself in the first fertilized embryo.

They are lies. The Doctor lies, the “Treatment” givers lie. There is nothing wrong with the couple, they can have children perfectly fine. The “treatment” won’t make them have children. It will make them have a mutant. A mutant like me, who has the ears, tail, claws, eyes, and senses of a cat.

70% of the time it doesn’t even work. The child is born too deformed to live and dies either inside the womb, or right after birth. 30% of us do make it, though. But only another 20% make it past birth. 10% are shunned by our parents and are left in a forest to die, or thrown in a pond in a bag with rocks in it, like unwanted kittens. Some of us are given to orphanages who immediately contact emergency forces, who contact the Inner Priests.

About 50 couples receive this treatment yearly, producing only about 3-5 useable test subjects each year. That’s what we are, subjects. Useable.

That’s what I was going to be. Until I escaped. Leaving everything, and everyone, behind . . .

PAST TIME

“Hey, Mom, can I have a brownie? Please?” I nearly begged. She leaned out of the kitchen.

“Have you finished your math work?” she asked, her eyebrows raised.

“Umm . . . Maybe?” I smiled hopefully. She clucked her tongue and walked over to the table and leaned over my shoulder to examine my paper.