Memoirs of a Teenage Vampire Queen-Chapter 16

---------------------------------

Treys POV

----------------------------

I watched her as she sat in the sea of white and red gowns and hats. She looked utterly bored. Tears escaped the eyes of her classmates yet she sat perfectly still, unaltered by her surroundings. She looked neither sad to be leaving her friends, nor proud of her accomplishments, in fact, her face lacked of emotion entirely.

She shook off her daydream as Carmen questioned her and linked her arm into Christine's, pulling her to her feet. I stood as she did and leaned against the wall, crossing my arms over my chest and resting one foot over the other. Sophia got up and stood next to me briefly, following my gaze to Christine as I stood in awe of her. Yet again.

"Aw man. You too?" She poked at my ego.

"Me too what?" I said softly, not really paying her any attention.

"You're in love with her too?" She said, leaning against the wall next to me, playing with her shirt and staring at Christine.

"I am not-"

"Don't lie Trey. I've known you too long for games. You love her." Sophia shot at me and I closed my eyes, leaning my head against the wall. After not receiving any more of a reaction from me, Sophia resumed her position next to Chase.

As Christine elegantly climbed the stairs and her name was called, Carmen's emotions got the best of her and she pulled Christine back, holding her friend close as they shared a few words.

She shook the outstretched hand of the principal and looked over at her beaming human family, all just as proud of her as we were. Sadness stirred in my body for her as sadness struck a chord in her heart. Almost as if she knew we were there for her, she turned her eyes to me as she took the hand of yet another male. For a split second I was upset with this human for even daring to touch her, but burning through my rage, was her blazing smile. The first emotion her face had shown since she'd entered the room.

Her beautiful white teeth glimmered in the light as she walked back to her seat, taking her eyes off of me only once, flickering over to Stella. I chuckled as Stella and the others rose to their feet to cheer her on, shockingly that included Sophia. As she sat, awaiting the end of the ceremony, she looked at me, seemingly lost in a world she hardly recognized, yet completely comforted by the sight of us.

As I smiled at her, smiling at me, something inside of me fluttered, and I shivered for a split second.

This human emotion shit was so confusing, but if it was what made her happy, then I would smile at her all day and night.

I sighed and chuckled, finally admitting silently to myself what I had known all along.

I loved her.

But the undying question was...

Did she love me back?

---------------------------------------

Chases POV

----------------------------------

"Thank god that's over." I mumbled as Sophia linked her arm with mine as we made our way into the house. Surprisingly her touch didn't turn me into a raging lunatic anymore. Over the last few days, she'd been different as I spent time with her. The angry comments had turned into a friendly banter and the air that surrounded us was unusually calm. I thought about our past as we walked through the house. The way her eyes had enchanted me the first time our stares had connected. The way she batted her long beautiful eye lashes when she really wanted something. The soft sound of her laughter as it coursed through the air like a wind chime.