Chapter One

“Hey Zia! Why don’t you join us at the dance floor? You know it’s fun!” Ervin, my gay friend approached me.

“Yeah, but maybe later. I’m not yet in the mood to dance.”

“Owkie.” Then he left.

I just surveyed the dance floor and saw my friends. They are all wasted specially my best friend Miranda. We’re at the Atom Bar celebrating Miranda’s 21st birthday. I really don’t want to join the celebration but I just have to come again to be Miranda’s yaya. Yeah, her nanny. Every time we go to a bar my duty is to make sure she goes home safe. Well, I guess I just love my best friend so much.

I’m drinking my cola, yeah a cola(imagine that?! In a bar?!) when somebody tapped my shoulder. I turned my back to see Bench, Miranda’s boyfriend.

“Hi Zia! Bakit ‘di ka sumasayaw?”

“Ayoko, tinatamad ako.”

“Hmmn, lagi naman e. I wonder how you look like in the dance floor swaying your hips sexily.” Then he winked at me. Such a perv!

“’wag ka nang mag wonder dahil hindi mo talaga ma wo-wonder. Perv!” Then he laughed huskily.

“Ibang klase ka talaga Zia. You’re the total opposite of Mira. I wonder again if why you two ended up being best of friends. You don’t have anything in common!” Parang ‘di makapaniwalang sabi nito.

I just ‘tsk-ed’ him and rolled my eyes.

“Oh well I think I found a similarity! You’re both gorgeous and sexy.” He looked at me with his piercing eyes. “I guess you’re even sexier than her.” Then he laughed heartily.

“Bench pwede ba tumigil ka na! Ang landi mo huh. Konti na lang isusumbong na kita kay Mira.” Edi isumbong! I heard him mutter something but I didn’t understand what it is.

“What?” I asked him.

“Tsk! Never mind Zia.”

Again, I just rolled my eyes. “Why don’t you ask your girlfriend if we can go home? It’s already 2 in the morning and I’m sleepy.”

“As if she will listen to me.” Yeah, that’s a fact. Miranda never follows anyone even her boyfriend when she is in the power of alcohol. She’s just too stubborn and the remedy is, let her pass out.

“But I think you two can go home in 5… 4… 3…” Tiningnan ko lang  kung anong tinitingnan niya then, “2… 1… She’s down.”

Gago ‘to! Hinayaan lang ang girlfriend na bumalandra sa couch. Yeah, what a perfect boyfriend!

“Hey! Why don’t you go and get her!” I shouted at him.

“Tsk! Yes Ma’am! Where is your car?”

“Just wait for me at the entrance.” He nodded and went to Mira. I went to the car park and started my car.

“Where am I going to put her?” Bench asked.

“Sa may back seat na lang.” I opened the door and Bench put Mira inside. I just fixed her dress that goes up to her waist and closed the door.

“Okay, well go. Just text her huh. You know how she hates when she wakes up not seeing any of your messages. Sigurado may hang-over siya bukas kaya lalong badtrip siya ‘pag wala siyang nabasa.”