Sirius Black's Little Secret [1]

• Dedicated to Sirius Black Himself

This has been rewrote as of 2/27/14 and mildly edited. Thank you for returning to this story :) 

 A tall girl padded across the stone floor, chuckling as she padded toward the tiny cot. Her long hair cascaded down her black in a river of ebony willow, her feature’s fair and sweet – a striking resemblance to her father. Sirius Black lunged for her as she swept into view of the bluish lantern hanging in the hallway. His limbs hurt to move, slowing his efforts. He missed, and retreated to his kneeling position.

"Father, You know they don’t come yet! Its not feeding time – not nearly. "The girl reassures him confidently, turning to look at him. Sirius exasperated continues his efforts again, sparking a look of irritation from the child.

"Its Christmas day! The minister and his pack of extra protection visit.” He cried out as he pinched his nose, a movement forgotten until the lovely child in the room had learned Sarcasm.

"I’ve never seen them, or the dementor’s,” she said thoughtfully, “The only dangerous person I actually know is Bella” The girl looked pointedly at the misshapen hump on the other cot. Bellatrix, Sirius’s cousin shared the cell with him. She was crazier than most according to Father. She was only permitted out of her little room when Bella was asleep, because Bellatrix would betray Her Father to the minister or the mysterious dementor’s. Aunt Bellatrix almost found out about her years ago, and that was an experience she truly wanted to forget.

Her Father had considered giving her to the Minister, so she could have a proper life. Besides the fact that she had thrown a silent temper tantrum at the very though, he knew thee Dementors would take her away, even from the minister. They were always hungry, and a young delicious girl? His daughter would be devoured. So she stayed here. She didn’t mind, being barely affected by the Dementors. Sirius thought perhaps because of the fact that she had lived at the wizard prison for most of her life.   The other idea was because she didn’t have any good memory’s for the dementor’s to take. All her memories were of this, hell in a nutshell.

“I’ll let you out tonight after the patrol, I promise Lira.” Sirius punctuated this remark with a glare; pointing directly at the tunnel she had escaped just a moment before. Lira, swept the hair from her face, not enjoying the idea of retreating into to what she felt was a tomb.

"Sirius, what is this?" a decidedly female voice said, rippling along the enclosed space. Bellatrix stared at Lira, having heard the entire conversation.

Sirius turned around to see Bellatrix rushing to Lira, grabbing her. Lira was weak never actually have had any actual exercise, could barely resist. She was dragged to the cage/cell bars as Bellatrix screamed "Minister, Minister, Sirius Black is attempting to break out, Sirius has a prisoner!!"  Sirius, his face flushed with anger, physically attacked Bellatrix, attempting to pull her away from the bars. The sociopath kept hands tight on the bars and on his little girl, her hands clearly leaving bruises on Liras pale skin.

"What in Merlin’s Bloody Pants are going on here!!!" Cornelius Fudge yelled, scrambling around the corner into view. Apparently, they were only several cells away when they had heard the miserable racket.

"Sirius Black has a captive!" Bellatrix cackled, “ She’s right here.

 Sirius started slamming Bellatrix’s head into the cell bars, old crazed anger taking over. Suddenly, he was smashed to the wall unable to move. The Minister had him of a sort.  

" No please Bellatrix please! " He gasped, tears streaming down his face. Cornelius was taken back, looking at the present people in the cell, barely able to concentrate on which one, or unable to decide.

" No dear cousin, you know better! " Bellatrix said in a mocking tone, as she stroked Lira’s long dark hair. She leered looking at her. “Where did you hide such a pretty thing?”

"Daddy! Daddy! " Lira spat, finally finding her voice. She bit Bellatrix leaving horrible teeth marks on a weak wrist. Cornelius failed to react as she reached her father.  Her fingers grasp at her arms in a sweetly sad attempt to peel him off the wall. Being shielded from almost everything, she didn’t understand the concept of magic.

"Who.. What... When! "The minister spluttered, then shook his head.  

"Why won’t you move, dad?” the girl cried, unprepared. Sirius had never talked to her about what would happen.  Now that it was happening, Sirius was overwhelmed confused, unsure what to say. This was something that he had imagined for years, not actually expecting to put this into practice. “You need to move dad!”

Suddenly the jinx gave out, and Cornelius cursed from where he was. Sirius slammed onto the floor, on his side. Lira immediately collapsed into Sirius Black’s arms. Sirius limply lies there on the floor, clasping onto his daughter like she was his lifeline – which in a way she was.  Sobs emanated from both of them, ringing through the halls.

"She’s coming with me, Sirius” Cornelius said, surprised that his own voice was so gentle, a sea of wrath emanating. 

"I know, that doesn’t make it any easier. "Sirius gasps, pressing Lira’s face into his shirt.  Lira started screaming, starting to understand what was happening. Leaving was as foreign a concept as the man in front of the bars.

" Why, would you do this to a CHILD! " Cornelius snarled, voice rose, rephrasing the question and launching insults at Sirius, going into a rage. Sirius had no doubt that if fudge was in the cell with him, that he would be dead.

"People wanted to kill her. This place is very hard to penetrate; she was safer. "Sirius screamed finally, slamming into the wall. He was shaking, looking on the verge of collapse.

"The dementor’s! How could you! " Cornelius demanded, scrambling for keys now, “Who would hurt her? You’re more a monster than anyone else in this world.”

"She isn’t affected by them, since she doesn’t have any bad memories. Her bad memories are her good. " Sirius replied, his face as still as stone.  The girl in question, looks at Cornelius trying to ask unspoken plea’s. 

Cornelius sighed, walking into the cell. A patronus sent by the other guard with him, bounds down the corridor.. "You have round bout a few minutes, till the Aurors come to pick her up. " 

Sirius nodded, his face deathly white. "Daddy, can you sing me my lullaby? Please?" Lira asked, her voice muffled. Both Sirius and Cornelius are stunned by her request. Clutching her tightly as he hummed the lullaby that had came from another world, one where him and Amylin were together with their daughter. Try as Cornelius did, there was no separating the two by force.

“Come now, Don’t make me curse you!” Cornelius snapped, exasperated.

Bellatrix was just standing there, standing there. She looked flabbergasted, at the tearful departure. Whatever she had expected, this was not it.

The girl started singing with him.

Hours later, Fudge turned and asked a question. 

" What is her name? " 

"Lira Violet Black.” Sirius croaked, “After her mother.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~