Chapter 1

Gosh, this is so bad of me to post this too early! I mean, I didn't want to post it until the end of the month but I started typing yesterday and I couldn't stop! I don't get it, I mean, I meant to write a little bit for my two ongoing stories (THIRTY & No Ordinary Love) and look where it led me...ah, I guess I was getting Nate, Kyle, Cricket, Liz, and others withdrawals!

Happy Reading!

I think I deserve an early Christmas present...

comments are always encouraged.

like the facebook page on the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On the side is a picture of Tristan :)

Chapter 1

“Now, Andre please be at your best behaviour.” Mom instructed as she looked back at me where I sat next to my sisters Carmel and Christiane.

“Of course mom, when have you known me act out?” I responded indignantly crossing my arms against my chest. Dad snorted when he heard my whining.

“Tristan, you know as well as I do that you’re a force to be reckoned with. What your mom means is that be polite to these people. We haven’t seen them in years. Plus, they are the only ones we know who live here at the moment. They actually have twins – a girl and a boy – about the same age as you. At least you’ll have friends right away at your new school” dad stated every now and then looking back at me through the rear view mirror.

I nodded my head in submission because dad makes sense with making nice with people. He and mom are great parents. I guess I was just a spoiled twelve-year-old kid at the time. We’ve travelled a lot throughout my younger years but now that dad is expanding his company to Canada, he thought of reconnecting with his friends and moving us there…permanently.

“I don’t get why I had to move. Why couldn’t I stay with Mamie Jules in Paris or Grandma Tasha and Grandpa Jay or Uncle Kyle and Aunt Cricket until I have to go to college?” I sulked.

“Tristan Andre Ashburn, we can discuss this later. I can’t believe you’re throwing a fit like a little girl. Look at your sisters they’re not even complaining about this.” Mom chastised with a click of her tongue.

I shut up after that and stayed looking out the window the whole time we were driving through Vancouver to visit the Marks. A few years ago my parents went on their yearly vacation in Bali and met this couple. From then on, they kept in touch and visited each other on and off. But neither couple ever brought their children in the outings and this is the first time we are all meeting.

   I was throwing a fit because all of my friends are back in either Paris or down south or in the east coast. I guess I got no say as to where I will be staying until I am at least eighteen or something. The SUV stopped in front of a medium-sized house with a deck wrapped around the whole house. The neighbourhood gives off the vibe that every person has their own personal touches to their house making it original and a home.