Lovelies

This is for us.

And only us.

I smiled while twirling a loose, chocolate curl around my finger. Glancing at the mirror, I giggled. I felt, and look, beautiful, finally. I've never looked or felt this beautiful.

My usual straight, mousy was alive and radiant again. My sister spent hour upon hour reviving the strands, and then the lengthy process curling section by section with a straightener. Which I had never know that you can do.

My pale skin had gotten darker in the past few months. It was Niki's goal to have me tan for tonight; her whole goal was to make me beautiful for this wonderful night. She had also done my make up wonderfully. The only color on my skin was from my lips, a pale rose color lipstick was applied only thirty minutes before.

And, the most amazing part of my body, was my scars had disappeared in time. All of the deep gashes, dark bruises, and discolored burns had faded away from my arms, legs, and torso. And what hadn't faded was covered with foundation, which was sort of awkward on my legs.

But what made my whole look complete, was the dress. The white, long dress was altered for my body, and my body only. A sweet heart neckline allowed as much skin as I was comfortable with, and there was a layer of lace covering my arms and part of my cleavage. The bottom of the skirt was wide, and princess like, the whole dress being made of satin. Little piece of lace covered the skirt, making it look older and vintage. All in all, I loved it.

I smiled into the mirror again. The whole room was lit by the large bay windows, which opened to English country side. And the older, Victorian styled church's parking lot, but that was a minor detail. The room though, had been painted a crisp white many years ago, as the paint was now chipping away. The room held a changing screen, an worn out couch, and a vanity table. Niki and I had been in this room for a while now, her exclaiming that she couldn't believe that her little sister was finally getting married.

I glided over to the window as I heard the chatter of people arriving. Many people wearing softer, pale colors flooded into the doors below me. I could tell a few of them apart; Austin, my adoptive mother and father, and his parents. They walked into the church talking with one another, I couldn't hear what they were saying though, but I assumed that they would have been talking about the up coming events of the night.

I looked up at the night sky, it was a beautiful night to get married. I know that I keep using that word, but it's the only one that seems to fit. Beautiful. Even the word by itself describes everything in this moment. The sky was already dark and the stars danced above. The moon shone brightly down onto the earth causing everything to have a blue tint to it. Beautiful.

"Hannah!" Niki exclaimed as she ran into the room, "The flowers just arrived. You, stay here, and I'll go get them! Don't let anyone see you!" Niki then left the room. I smiled, who cares if the flowers were late, it didn't matter, they were only a minor detail.

I sat down on the bay window seat, and gazed at the stars. They were so breath taking. But to think, this wasn't even them, only what was left of them. It had taken them years and years to get here, to make this breath taking light show, and they couldn't seem even brighter. It was almost if the stars knew that I was getting married and should shine the brightest that they could.

"You need to do this," a dark, low voice whispered from outside the door, "You can't do this now."

"I have to," The feeling of butterfly wings erupted in my stomach, it was him, "Marcus, I need to. I love her with all my heart, she's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. She helped me with our type of life style, being an output for my thirst. She's kept me alive and fought for me through it all. I need to do this."