Prologue

Idonia nodded graciously at the duchess who had accompanied her down the hallway. You

"Thank you, Rija. I will take your suggestions to heart, but I must part ways with you now." She said smoothly, curtsying ever so slightly as she opened the door to her chambers.

"Of course, Your Grace. Thank you, Your Grace." The Duchess of Rian said, bowing so deeply her nose would have touched her knees if her large dress hadn't been in the way.

"Goodbye, and may the Moon light your way home." She said, formally.

"And may the Sun illuminate the path to your future." Rija automatically replied with the proper response out of habit, and the queen, Idonia, nodded once more before smiling politely and stepping into her chambers, shutting the door quickly behind her. She rested her head against the door until she heard the Duchess leave before groaning loudly and turning around, taking off her silver crown and placing it none-too-gently on a nearby table. She fumbled with the laces on the back of her dress until they came loose and the entire dress slipped off her shoulders and down her waist to the floor. She stepped out of the pile of fabric in just a slip that reached her ankles like a nightgown. With a loud sigh, she flopped face down onto her couch and groaned hoarsely into a pillow.

"Long day, Mistress?" Idonia's caretaker, an elderly male Brownie named Sergi asked her softly. Methodically and soothingly he began to polish her sharp, lapis lazuli wings and as the Piskie Queen grumbled.

"You have no idea." She muttered into the pillow, relaxing into his familiar touch.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Rosie giggled to herself as she skipped down the corridor in her light summer dress.

"Queen Rosie!" She looked over her shoulder, between her golden wings, and smiled blindingly at the Lord of Sea Meadows who had been so desperately vying for the Pixie Queen's attention for years, it was almost pathetic.

"Oh! Sorry, Lord James. I didn't see you!" She called, stopping in the hallway gracefully with a flurry of golden dust that fell from her wings. He ran to her and stopped at her side, breathing heavily.

"Are you okay, James? I'm worried you might swoon." Queen Rosie asked, concerned, but he straightened himself and shook his head.

"I'm fine." He said, taking a deep breath. "I just wanted to ask what you had in place for the upcoming gala in means of security. I don't want to sound like a helpless male, but I want to be sure that everything will be safe, with all those Piskies. The Piskie Queen will be attending, correct?" The man asked, seeming so terrified of the mear thought of the Piskies he might faint. Rosie smiled.

"Do not worry, James. I have plenty of security in place and Queen Idonia has assured me that she is just as determined as I am to keep the peace. Her own guard will be in attendance, but neither of us wish for anything other than harmony. I trust her word, and if anything you should trust mine. I would never let anything into my queendom that could harm my women or their husbands." Queen Rosie assured the delicate man who was trying not to appear as relieved as he felt.

"Oh, thank you, Your Grace. I feel very reassured, but how do you trust the Piskies so easily? They are so cold, and almost always have their own motives that they are calculating enough to achieve." The lord fussed. Rosie frowned a little.

"That is their problem, isn't it? So full of books and information that they don't know what to do with it all. They must be so overwhelmed, I'm sure it slows them down. But, anyway, I do believe that Idonia and myself have the same motives this time. I have no worries, and neither should you. Now, I'm sure you have some flowers to tend to or maybe some friends to help with their attire for the gala. I have some strictly female business I must attend to, if you will excuse me." Rosie told the Lord before quickly sweeping out of the hall and towards the room she had been headed. "May your trees be tall and offer you their strength, Lord James." She called.

"And may your flowers bloom bright and give to you their beauty, Your Highness." He replied before scurrying off. Rosie smiled to herself before shutting the door to the study and sighed. She really was looking forward to this gala, but she had very rational fears that something could go horribly wrong. She would have to speak with Idonia again, just to be sure.