Songbird

It was late in the evening when GaLm and Smarty had both trudged into the kitchen for a dinner. They'd stayed up streaming together and while GaLm was a better one to watch the time, he wanted to stay until Smarty would go to bed. Little did he know that they'd both be up until dead at two in the morning.

So, yes, they went for an extremely late dinner, but this wouldn't stop either of them from enjoying it, as long as they were in each other's company. GaLm decided to turn on the radio and let it go on whatever track it was on already, faint music now swimming in the background of the dinner scene.

By the time they'd finished, the dishes were left unclean and the two of them stayed idly in the kitchen. GaLm rested against one of the counters, leaning back with tired, drooping eyes. Smarty sat at the table, ready to slump over as a yawn escaped him, and set his heart racing to steady the oxygen flow.

That's when the radio took a twist and started playing songs from the 70s. GaLm's ears perked at the music and he lifted his head a little, looking at the radio with a smile. He tapped his foot on the floor and nodded his head to the beat, getting ready for the intro just as it came.

Smarty's head turned and he was snapped out of his tired trance when he heard GaLm's voice start to sing along with the music drifting in from the radio. He looked up when a hand appeared in front of him and he smiled, taking it gently as he was pulled close. He was still exhausted nonetheless, and he could feel the exhaustion dripping off of the Texan as well from the ever so gentle hold that tried to grip him close.

Smarty's head of black hair fell gently onto his shoulder then, his cheek pressed on the soft fabric of his cotton shirt, a small yawn again leaving his lips. His arms were wound around GaLm's neck, hands hanging loosely on. He could feel the Texan's soft, low, and comforting voice singing words of love into his ear, a gently, careful hum tickling him, large arms around his waist.

They swayed together on the kitchen tiles to the beat of the song, Smarty so in love and safe in GaLm's arms, he could almost fall asleep standing up the more he leaned against his warm hold.

He would have fallen asleep to the comfort of GaLm's voice if the words hadn't so much impacted him as he would have expected. Tears built up to the mentions of getting through hard times, staying together and being unable to leave him even when they did argue.

When the gentle beat started to fade away, he pulled his head back and looked up at the warm skin of GaLm's face, a smile pulling at his lips. Smarty got up on his toes a little, GaLm lowering his face to meet. Gently, their noses bumped together, foreheads close, and soon they hovered their lips breathing out hushed dares to move first. In the end, GaLm had claimed it, and a quiet chuckle left Smarty as they connected in a soft, long-lasting kiss.

They parted, and GaLm took Smarty's hand in his as they made their way up the stairs to their bedroom, falling ever so gladly onto the mattress together to cuddle beneath the sheets and reclaim the warmth of each other's bodies.