Chapter 2

Hawk woke in the morning and sat up with a frown as he realised the girl wasn't on the bed with him. Looking around the room he saw her in the far corner huddled up with a sheet wrapped around her.

"What do you think your doing?" he asked tightly. She flinched and huddled into the sheet more if that was possible.

"Get over here!" Hawk ordered sharply. Janey began crying quietly but clutched the sheet to her and moved to the bed reluctantly. She new she needed to obey him if only to protect herself from his cruel treatment. Hawk caught the sheet and pulled her down beside him roughly.

"You don't leave the bed until I stay you can. Understand?" he asked roughly.

Janey nodded and laid where she had fallen praying he wouldn't touch her this morning. Hawk lay back and glanced at Janey where she lay near him trying not to attract his attention. Idly he reached for his smokes only to toss them aside and pull Janey up onto the pillow beside him by her upper arms. Her cheeks were damp from tears and her mouth softly swollen from last night. She clung to the sheet as he tried to take it from her and he slapped her on the thigh, not real hard but hard enough to sting and warn her to allow him to do what he liked.

Curiosity made him pull the sheet from her body and force her arms down by her sides. He made a sound of approval in his throat as he took his time running one hand over her body. She flinched and clamped her thighs tightly together. His hand brushed the inside of her thigh as he forced her thighs apart but instead of touching where he knew she'd be sore he ran his hand lightly up and over the curls that covered that place.

"I'm hungry, you can go to the toilet then cook me something to eat." He told her.

Janey hurried from the bed and Hawk laughed as he watched her pull on the cut dress. In the kitchen Janey sent a nervous glance at Jake as he sat at the table working on an engine part. He looked her way briefly but he had heard Hawks voice and after the slaps he had given her earlier for not being in the bedroom he knew she was to scared to leave the room without being given permission. She began to search the fridge and found sausages, eggs and tomatoes to cook for Hawk. She was putting a frypan on the stove to heat when Hawk came out from the room to eye her with irritation. Janey looked around uneasily as he approached her and he backhanded her with enough force to send her sprawling on the floor before he stood over her.

"I told you to go to the toilet first," he said harshly.

Jake looked up from what he was doing. "She was in the bathroom when I got up."

Hawk grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to her feet before dragging her to the bathroom and pushing her towards the toilet roughly.

"You don't leave a room unless I say you can. You don't do anything without my permission first. Now sit on that toilet and for your sake you had better use it or I'll give you a good slap." Hawk warned.

Janey sat on the toilet and was relieved to hear the faint sound of tinkling water as she relieved herself. When she had finished she looked at Hawk uncertainly and he nodded.

"Wash your hands and go cook my breakfast," he ordered. Janey hurried to do as he said and was soon cooking sausages in the frypan. Hawk wondered into the room and looked into the pan, idly he collected two more sausages to toss into the pan.

"You can eat with me." Hawk told her. He turned from the stove and went over to help Jake with the carburettor. Hawk turned his head to watch as Janey finally placed his plate of food on the table well away from the work the men were doing and went to collect her own plate. Hawk sat down and surveyed his plate a moment before poking the eggs with his fork.