Incantation

Preface

“What have you done?” 

His mother’s frantic scream didn’t seem to faze him as he watched the EMTs compress his brother’s arm and place him in the ambulance. Her tears streamed down her face as she grabbed her purse to follow the ambulance. 

“Tristen, you promised I wouldn’t feel a thing!” Thomas, Tristen’s brother, hollered threw tears as the ambulance door shut. 

“Stay here! We will discuss this when I get back!” She glared down on him as she headed toward the door. 

The pool of blood lay at his feet. He still couldn’t fathom what the commotion was about. Hypnotism, yep. Need more practice. 

                                                               ********

Tristen woke up in a cold sweat. It was a dream. He felt something warm at his side and saw the blonde bimbo he had picked up after the show tonight. He threw the covers off and headed to the open balcony. 

The night was warm, heat radiating off the sand. The six thousand square foot home sat on the edge of Las Vegas, secluded, just the way he liked it. He looked out past the Olympic size pool, past the tennis courts, and saw some critter scamper across the desert floor. The sun was just coming up in the distance. Pink, yellow and blue streaked the sky as light began to invade the darkness. He loved sunrise. It chased the nightmares away. 

He heard a moan behind him. Blondie rolled over and noticed a cold spot. She pulled the covers up. He barely remembered bringing her home. He really needed to stop that. He was turning forty-five and he wanted to have some semblance of a home. He was finally ready to have a special someone, to travel with, to see every night, and mom wanted grandchildren, her own grandchildren. Charity work involving child organizations  wasn’t enough for her either. Time to grow up. 

He threw some clothes on and slapped the sleeping lump on the ass.

“Get up! It’s time to go home!” He hollered a bit louder than he planned.

She jumped up to a sitting position, breathing deeply.  The bedcovers falling to expose her rather large breasts. Damn, he had good taste! 

He tossed her clothes at her.

“Get dressed. You need to go!”

With that, he strode out of the room.