The Fairy's Promise (oneshot)

As the moon shone its light, she sparkled and smiled. A little later, she turned into a bubble and disappeared. She left behind her necklace and he cried.   

--------------------

Ichiro Suzuki is a 20-year-old man who lives in a small apartment. He left his parents and his sister to be independent. He does not want his family to give him money because it will just be nonsense living by himself if they are supporting him. His sister is at his house today and they are having a tiny unfriendly conversation.

“Man! Today is the hottest day this month! I don’t have money to buy an airconditioner and you are here drinking all of my stored cold water!”

“You’re driving out your very cute sister out of your very small house?”

“You’re the one who’s driving me crazy. Get out now. Leave me all alone! If you return here, better give me an airconditioner. If you don’t have, I will not let you in. Understand? Now go home and I will just text mom that you already went home. Go! Bye!”

“Hmph! Okay. I will leave already. Goodbye, big brother.”

He does not want them to go his house until he could be proud of something because until now, he cannot find a job so he looked up the sky and said

“Please grant me this wish. I wish that I could get a job.”

 As he stepped out of his house, a flyer flew to his face. He read it and it said: “My Pleasure restaurant is looking for a waiter! P10,000 per month.” He was surprised for God really answered his prayer. He looked at the address and went there running. As he opened the door, he greeted the people inside it and said

“Excuse me, is this the right place for this flyer?”

“Oh, yes it is! It is at the door but it flew away and I think that it is going to the one who will be our waiter and here you come. As you see, there are many people waiting for their orders and today will be the start of your job. Is that alright with you?”

“It’s alright! Give me all the jobs and keep it coming. It’s my pleasure.”

“Now, that’s what I am looking for. You already knew the name of this restaurant. Go now and serve them happily and remember, always smile.”

“Yes, sir!”

He is now working happily and he did not notice the time passed by. It is now the end of his shift and the manager called him

“You have a job well done. As for your salary, I will give it to you next month but since I enjoyed looking at how hard working you are. I will give you a bonus. Here it is. Take it.”

“Thank you so much manager.”

“Another one, give me your cell phone or telephone number in case of emergency.”

“Sure, sir. Wait a minute because I don’t know what my number is.”

He reached for his phone and searched for his number

“Here it is, sir. 09**-***-**** and for the telephone number, 25*-**-**.”

“Okay. Now go home because it’s already getting late.”

“Ok! I will go now. See you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow.”

He was walking happily down the street and as he reached his house, he looked up the sky again and said

“Thank you so much!”

As the days went by, he is becoming lonely though he already has a job and had his first pay. It is Sunday today and he decided to go to the park. He went there but he only felt lonelier because he saw couples having date. He looked up at the sky once again and begged for a girlfriend. He waited until the sun sets but no girl is going to him. He went home depressed and as he stepped inside, he heard a loud thud and as he looked at the floor, he saw a small thing. He looked at it carefully and it moved a little. He looked at the roof and he saw a very big hole at it.