Elementary School

• Dedicated kay Demise Hime

This story is dedicaded to my awesome friend, Demise Hime (at facebook)

I hope you guys like this because this is trash, baby. 8D

===========================

It was on my way home from work that a sudden childhood memory came into mind. I was blaming that perfume I smelled when I rode the bus. My condominium was just a few hundred meters away from the scent but that sudden flash of memory made me got off from the bus.

I arrived at an Elementary school. It looks old and too many tall grasses surrounding its walls. Walls’ having visible cracks and same goes for its floors. I felt a nostalgic feeling just like when I was still going to this school during my childhood days.

I entered through the rusty gate and tried to avoid the grasses. I looked around and still imagine the beautiful school I was once attending to. Now, that it’s all dark and no more children playing around. The school project must have been canceled years ago where I was plainly busy with my life.

Pulling the door to open, since the door knob was already not around its body, I entered my sixth grade room. Personally, in all other years, my sixth grade was the most memorable and the most emotional of all. Up until now, I still can’t believe that I’m now this successful where in fact, when I was graduating in elementary, I was snorting, sobbing and everything else while crying when bullied. It was the weirdest feeling.

Not only bullies but also, this was the place where I finally realized I was in love.

He’s not that of a too good looking kind of person but he really attacks attention of the girls ever since he was noticed in our fourth grade. Yes, we were classmates since pre-school. We’ve been together for the longest time but separated by class during our high school days. Though I always see him at school back then and I was really happy with it alone. I was, up until we were completely separated on our College days.

The feeling that was locked inside me from that time is still swirling in my mind up until now. Honestly, it never left my mind; though I can say that I might have forgotten all about the feelings that I have brought up for him.

Truth is the scent I smelled earlier was always the scent that surrounds me back then. He was already everywhere I go so I was so used to it.

I roam around the room, recalling every single memory I had but not all really came to mind. The rough old tables and chairs were still there, crumbling through time as my memory about those times.

“Shreya?” a voice called behind me as I was scratching a small part of the old blackboard. I turned to the origin of the voice.

Seeing the man’s figure, I couldn’t figure who he is but there was something telling me I knew him very well. I approached the figure over the door and thanks to the moonlight, I saw his face clearly.

His face is now different than the last time I remembered him. The way he dresses up now is more professional than I thought of. He was looking neat in his suit and he was carrying his briefcase. Yes, he was Denver and I missed seeing him.

“It’s nice to see you again after a long time, Denver.” And I smiled.

“True. How have you been?” he asked after we took a short handshake.

I felt nervous talking to him after a long time. “I’m doing great, thanks. You? You look fine.”

“Yes, you guessed.” He said after a giggle. “I just got back from Hong Kong yesterday. You look quite good now, more than I have imagined you to be.”

“Thanks.” His comment made me a little flustered but the feeling right now is a bit different from the feeling I had for him from the past. “You, yourself, look dashy now.” I chuckled.