Our Sandbox Our Promise

Summary: Let’s both keep the promise and let me prove you that I can keep it.

It was a fine Saturday morning and the little five-year old Donghae is already busy getting his toys ready while his Leeteuk appa prepare the cake he helped making for his bestfriend and their “friendship anniversary.” He put the last toy he needed in his bag with an angel fish printed on it that was his appa’s personal pick for him last Christmas.

“Ready baby?” Leeteuk asked as he saw his little fishy coming down from the stairs the clown fish hat in his head.

“Ne appa!” Donghae energetically answered and showed a very adorable smile. So adorable, though there was some missing front teeth.

“Alrighty then! Come on. Eunhyuk must be waiting for us” Leeteuk let his son see his angelic smile.

“Appa is the cutest angel ever” Donghae shyly complemented his appa.

Leeteuk blushed at his son. “Then you are the cutest fish ever!” Leeteuk pinched Donghae’s cheeks. “Come along now.

Leeteuk and Donghae drove to Eunhyuk and Kangin’s place while both grining and singin along the way. Both obviously happy. After about fifteen minuets of drive, they finally arrived.

Donghae immediately jumped out of the car-almost dripping from something. Not minding it, he went straight ti ring the doorbell and Kangin welcomed them with a nice big smile.

“Ohw hey there fishy!”  Kangin greet the smiling boy in front of him.

“Hi Kangin samchon” Donghae greet back. “Good morning. I brought cake~”

“Ohw this is nice~” Kangin giggle.  “Did Leeteuk appa helped you baking?” Kangin glanced up to Leeteuk.

“Ne!”

“Ok then. Eunhyuk is waiting at the back” Kangin let Donghae inside.

==**==**==

“Don’t you dare eating that raccoon” Leeteuk threat with a smile.

Kangin just giggled seeing Leeteuk with the best smile as usual. The smile he fell inlove, but a love he was never strong enough to admit.

==**==**==

Donghae happily skip his way to the backyard while chanting the words “I’m gonna see my monkey Hyukie” with a smile never leaving his face.

Eunhyuk heard the voice of his bestfriend, so he stood up from the swing and ran to see if he didn’t misheard. Seeing each other they got exited and run to each other and both landing on the floor giggling.

“I miss you fishy. I thought you forgot about me” Eunhyuk pout.

“I will never forget my monkey” Donghae help his bestfriend get up. “By the way I brought cake. Appa help me bake”

“Strawberry?” Eunhyuk asked with a smile.

Donghae nodded and his monkey hug him. “Come with me” Eunhyuk tug Hae in his arms and drag him to the kitchen. Once there, Eunhyuk reached for the blue cookie jar in the kitchen counter table.

“Here is for my fishy” Eunhyuk hand over Donghae a fish shaped cookie.

Donghae made the cookie looked like it was swimming until the head reach his mouth, then took a plentiful bite. Donghae then offered Eunhyuk to bite the tail, that the latter accepted the offer and bite.

After eating about two cookies each and a slice of a cake, they went out to play at the backyard mini playground.

“Whutsh that?” Eunhyuk point at the sand castle Donghae built in the sandbox.

“A castle Hyukie” Donghae smiled and Eunhyuk sat beside Hae. “Appa thought me how to build it last time we went to the beach.”

“Can you also teach me?” Eunhyuk asked with a pout.

Donghae nodded and smiled. “Hyukie?” Donghae called on Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk blink and looked at him “Ne?”

“I built this for you” Hae point at the castle. “One day when we grow up, I will build a better one. A castle just for the both of us. You and Me together” Donghae promise.

Eunhyuk touched and not knowing what to say. Cried.

“Hyukie what’s wrong?” Donghae is already panicking.

“Nothing” Eunhyuk sniff and try to stop crying “It’s just that fishy always give me something special” Eunhyuk pout and finally winning over his young emotion.

“Just promise me one thing Hyukie” Hae still hugging his bestfriend said.

“Whuat?”

“Hyukie will never leave Hae. Monkey will always be Fishy’s bestfriend. That what ever happen you and me are always together” Donghae sprung out his pinky.

Eunhyuk held it with his pinky and gave his promise.

“Hyukie promise that. Hyukie also promise he will protect Hae and feed him with the cookies he really loves so much” Eunhyuk smiled.

Eversince that day, they always had that promise with each other through out everything. Facing their problems back to back. Protecting each other from the harm the chaotic world brings.

The old fashioned sandbox, a sand castle and a PROMISE OF FOREVER.