My Arrogant, Over Protective Mate - chpt. 1

Pals!!!

I have the most EXCITING news!! My beloved Ebony and Logan have been given a once in a lifetime opportunity! Thanks to your amazing support, the "Wolves of the West" series has been spotted by Inkitt and purchased for their new app GALATEA!

In order for The Wolves of the West to have this chance, I have to remove all but the very first three chapters of the story 😪 But don't fret because the Wolves of the West is available now on Galatea!

It's even been made into an audiobook over there!

https://read.getgalatea.com/abigail20

 I APPRECIATE YOU ALL! 💕💕

My Arrogant, Over Protective Mate

Chapter One

            New town. New School. New me.

            I was more than ready to accept change, heck, I couldn't wait for change. After living in shame and embarrassment for months I was all too willing to leave Pennsylvania and settle down in Oregon. On my sixteenth birthday I changed - and drastically. Not only did I have a growth spurt but I also transformed into a huge, feral wolf.

            This sudden change in appearance not only scared my parents, but also drove them a little insane. I guess watching your daughter turn into a wild animal while blowing out her birthday candles would do some damage to one's mental health. My parents were deemed unfit guardians and were dragged off to the loony bin - all because of me.

            Being an only child meant that making the trip across the country from Pennsylvania to Oregon was a solo one. I was going to live with my Aunt Sarah, my mother's sister. She was an outgoing, successful lawyer in the peak of her career. The last thing she needed was a screwed up she-wolf teenager to deal with. If I were my Aunt, I would've left me to foster care but I wasn't her and Aunt Sarah has a kind soul, and as much as it pains her to do so, she's taking me in.

            I watched as the tiny buildings suddenly got considerably larger as the plane got lower and lower to the ground. Though we were not officially on solid earth the people around me started to shuffle and gather their things which I found to be completely pointless and annoying. I squeezed my eyes shut as a baby started to cry and people started to complain about sitting on the tarmac. I mean, it would be a less painful experience for all of us if everyone would just shut up.

            My wolf wasn't making the situation any better. She was earning to go for a run, to stretch her legs. This is something I've been denying her ever since we scared the shit out of my parents. She howled loudly, the sound echoing through my brain sending a painful jab to the base of my skull. Of course, being stuck on this congested plane with a bunch of smelly humans wasn't helping either.

            "Thank you for choosing our services, we hope you had a good flight. Please wait for the stewardess to dismiss your row." The pilot's voice boomed over the P.A. system but I doubted that anyone was listening.

            We were herded off of the plane, down a long hallway and finally out into the open airport. I looked around and then spotted my Aunt. I had only seen in her pictures due to the distance between us but I recognized her short black hair and creamy complexion.

            I walked over to her slowly, trying to think of something appropriate to say but coming up blank. I finally reached her and shot her a small smile, trying not to seem like too much of a freak. But without saying a word, she grabbed my shoulders and dragged me into a hug.