Daughter of the beta

The light crept through the slightly covered window, the long blue drapes were pushed aside a little by a chair, agitating the bent figure on the bed. The figure laid their hands upon their eyes to cover the light that seeped through the window. Groaning, as it didn't work, they rolled over and hid their eyes on top of the pillow.

"Skylar!" A distant voice called through the walls.

She whimpered, rolling over again and wincing when the light hit her again. She took a deep breath and pulled the covers over her head.

"Skylar!" The voice called again, coming closer.

"Yes, Yes..." She whispered to herself.

"I'm calling for the last time, Skylar." She could hear the heavy boots thud on the dark floorboards in front of her door.

Skylar sighed, throwing the blanket over her she sat up and stretched, "I'm up, father." She covered her mouth with the back of her hand and yawned.

"Hurry up, the alpha wants you to do errands for him today." She heard the gruff tone of her father, he always took his job of beta seriously and demanded his children follow his example.

"Yes, father." She called lovingly, though she rolled her eyes. Alpha Mark, was younger than her father but older than her brother, he was 22, tall and gracious build, brown curly hair and yellow eyes, a heart filled with gold but was stern and serious when needed. Anyone could say they could be a perfect match, to be mates. However he only saw her as a little girl, a weak one at that, there were plenty of other strong girls in the Night Eye pack, but he never looked her way other than to run errands, which consists of making his lunches, looking after the young, doing laundry, doing his homework and brushing his wolf coat.

And many other important task, or so he had her believe. Making her feel useless and unwanted she felt.

"Good." She heard a mumble of some sort but he walked off before she could hear any of it, the heavy stomps of his boots echoing the hallway.

Jumping off her bed, she pulled back the curtain and let the light in, cringing slightly. Walking over to her closet she grabbed a pair of sweat pants and a black jumper, she also grabbed a clean pair of underwear in the stationary drawers she had under the racks.

Peeling off her light blue pyjama pants and underwear, she put the clean pair on and and wiggled on the sweat pants, not bothering to change out of her dark blue long-sleeve top she put the jumper over it, she grabbed the hair-tie around her wrist and tied her long brownish-blond hair in a low pony-tail, she got the shade of colour from her mother, while her father was dark brown.

She never did bother with her appearance, she wasn't taken seriously and no one in the pack took any real notice of her till they needed something or she needed something of them. She didn't have any real friends, only her brother who seemed like the only one who could tolerant her. Mel and Brooke talked to her sometimes, she wasn't a complete loner, however no one was her real friend. Her own father deemed her failure after her mother died, it wasn't her fault, she had just had a terrible fever that lead to her ultimate death, unfortunately the blame went all to her.

Sighing, Skylar shook her head and and walked over to her bed and straighten the blanket over the covers, fluffing the pillows she heard a knock on the door.

"Yes." She called out.

"Sis." She saw the dark figure of her brother open her bedroom door.