I Loved You First

A/N: A one-shot fanfic of mine. Inspired by a song that touched my heart, and spoke the muted words of my heart.

I loved you first

(Inspired by Samson by Regina Spektor)

Lysander looked at Lily. His eyes were looking at her with despair. They have been together for four years, four love-filled years. But Lily met Scorpius, and everything changed—drastically.

"Lysander Scamander, please sign here." Said the Ministry official.

He sighed and signed above his name.

"Lily Scamander, if you may."

Lily signed quickly.

"By the power invested to me by the Ministry, I therefore proclaim this marriage annulled."

A faint gold thread connected their rings for a moment, and subsequently broke in half. The former couple looked at each other and Lysander grabbed Lily by her wrist and kissed her. Lily did not respond, and Lysander broke away dejectedly.

"Remember, Lily Luna Potter, I loved you first." He said, then let go, and ran away… to wherever his feet would bring him.

"Lily…" Scorpius said, who was slightly enraged by Lysander's act, but rationalized about it. It would be Lysander's goodbye kiss to Lily.

Lily turned and walked out of the court room with Scorpius, one teardrop dropping from her left eye, the eye which Lysander kissed when she told him that she was pregnant. But she's gone now… Nothing can bring Lilyanne back, not even the most powerful magic. And it was Lysander's fault.

Remember, Lily Luna Potter, I loved you first…

But you also broke my heart first…

A/N: What do you say? Please hit that review button! Also, this is a one-shot. I seriously don't know what happens after. :P

-Nessa