THIRTY

Thirty

PROLOGUE

Life is full of irony. My life revolves around the number thirty or numbers that totalling to the number 30 or just the number 3. On June 30th, I was told I have thirty months to live due to a diagnosis of a disease that was incurable because no drugs were compatible to fight it. I learned about the disease when I went on a routine physical before I had to go for a trip to Asia.

Oh, well, life's a bitch, I guess. I was offered different options to see if my life can be prolonged but after hearing the first news, I kind of ran with it and just started living my life. Most of my symptoms can be passed off like normal ones such as an intense headache, high fever and the cold.

Weight loss can also occur but I was not too worried about that since I've always been skinny. This just really gives me the opportunity to eat as much as I want without worrying about weight gain. I have tried it and it did work! I loss the weight that I put on from attending a weeklong fiesta after three days! Take that Jenny Craig!

No point in spending time at the hospital for any false hopes or even putting a damper in my daily life, right? The first two months after receiving the news, I went through the seven steps of grief and right after that I started living my life.

I stayed working at the restaurant as a pastry chef and didn't even bother telling anybody about my impending demise. Not even my family knows about it. Well, I mean, they all live in Europe and I moved out to Canada since I turned twenty-one. Huh, two and one if you add them together, you get three. Damn.

I am now twenty-nine years old and ironically, I am dying in thirty days starting tomorrow. Yup, I die on my thirtieth birthday. Great, just great! I should probably start telling my family my goodbyes since I don't think I am going to live past December 30th.

My name is Scarlett Azalea Reed and this is the journal of my last thirty days. If you are reading this, I may or may not be alive anymore. I hope that my story will give you some insight that life can catch us by surprise.

So live life to the fullest! Who knows, you might get that dreaded phone call or letter telling you that your life expectancy is cut in a matter of minutes, hours, days, months, years...or out in a blink of an eye.

==========================================================================

Hello,

This is my newest story! I don't know if it's catchy enough but I am posting the first chapter soon-ish.

Too bad Wattpad doesn't have 'Drama/Tragedy' as a category because I think this story counts as one.