The Rise of Him 2

One year later

A second year Harry Potter sat in front of the fireplace in the common room, trying to study for a Potions exam Snape had cooked up. He didn't notice a small girl watching him.

"E-excuse me, but are you Harry Potter?" she asked in a small voice. Harry jumped slightly and looked up at the girl in front of him. She looked familiar but he had never met her before. He recognized the shade of her hair and eyes but he didn't know her. He nodded and he saw tears in the corner of her eyes.

"My name is Emily Overland! You were friends with my older brother!" she shouted. Luckily, they were the only ones in the room. Harry smiled.

"He saved me when a couple of Sytherins were about to push me off the edge of the staircase," she smiled while stiffening her tears; "Professor McGonagall told me he drowned, is that correct?" she sniffed and nodded. Harry gestured for her to sit next to him. Emily accepted and sat next to him.

"We were ice skating on a lake near our house but we thought the ice was thick enough. I was standing on some thin ice and the whole time he was telling me to stay calm and that we were going to play hopscotch," she smiled at the memory, "He made his way to where it was safe. He found a long, hooked, tree branch, counted to three and pulled me onto the safe ice. But in the process, he slipped onto the thin ice and fell through. We couldn't get his body but this did flout to the surface" she reached into her robes and pulled out a snow white wand with a frost blue handle.

"His wand!" Harry gasped. Emily nodded.

"I keep it next to mine in my robes. Nobody knows I have it so don't tell anyone!" Harry laughed lightly and nodded.

"Don't worry, I won't but if you don't mind, I'd actually like to have a closer look at it. I've only seen it once" she nodded and handed it to Harry. The second it touched his skin, a chill traveled through his skin.

"Its cold!" he gasped as he held it. She nodded.

"We never knew why though" Harry turned it over by the tips.

"It's a beautiful wand" Harry sighed as he handed back to Emily.

"Yes it is" she muttered as she replaced it next to hers.

"Well, I'm going to go to bed. Good night, Emily" he said as he closed his Potions book.

When his right foot was on the first step, he sighed and turned back to the small girl.

"Emily," he spoke. She turned around in the couch, "if you need anything, anything at all, you can come to me. I don't want to replace your brother but...I want you to be happy and cared for" he said as bravely as he could. Emily smiled wide and nodded.

"Thank you, Harry!" he nodded and continued up the stairs. Half way up the stairs, he was in front of two sets identical red hair. George and Fred had been listening on his conversation.

"Aw, young love!" both Fred and George teased.

"Bugger off!" Harry hissed as pushed his way passed. They kept teasing him the rest of the night.

 ~~

At around midnight, a boys' laugh danced through the air.

"Haven't been here before" the voice smiled as it examined the area. The owner of the voice, a boy in his late teens with snow white hair and frost blue eyes, flew around the towers of the castle. He landed at one of the tower windows and found a room of sleeping boys. One of the boys caught his eye. He had messy black hair and round rim glasses sat on his bedside table. This boy was familiar to him. He ignored the feeling and left to the next tower. This one had young sleeping girls in it. Looking around, another human caught his eye. She had long brown hair.

Why does she seem so familiar? the boy thought. Looking at her bedside table, he saw two sticks. One a light tan with ivy carved in at one end and the other a snow white with blue frost at one end. He felt drawn to the stick. Cautious, the boy opened the window. The room was warm and the boy didn't like it but he had to get a closer look at the stick. The boy picked the stick up and he liked the feeling it gave him.

"Jack?" a small tired voice whispered. The boy looked at the bed and saw the brown haired girl was awake and looking at him. Gasping, he put the stick back and flew out the wind, leaving a thick layer of frost on the glass.