The Nerds Bad Boy

Backpack.

Check.

Clothes.

Check.

Beanie.

Not check.

I quickly turned from my room and went downstairs in a hurry. 'Where's the beanie? I knew I left it here somewhere.' I went into the kitchen and started scanning for the coral colored beanie. Ha! There it is. It was sitting in between the toaster and the sink. I quickly grabbed the beanie and put it on my head. After rearranging it on my head so it won't look messy I put on my grey sperrys and quickly walked out of my house.

My parents were already at work and my little brother is staying at my grandmas house for the weekend. She lives in the next town over so it early isn't a hassle to get from here to there. My town is your typical small town. Well with the exception of a big hospital in the middle of the town. I really enjoy living in a small town. There are the little shops and markets. Oh and don't forget the outdoor activities such as parks, festivals, and lakes. I mean who wouldn't want that?

As I made my way to the public library I closed my eyes briefly and let the summer breeze fly through my hair. I smiled and made my way to Warner St. I stopped at the stop light that is on the corner of Maple St. and Warner St. I waited until the walking signal turned white for me to walk across the street. I got my satchel and started looking for my library card as I made my way down the sidewalk to the Buckingham Public Library.

I let my satchel drop back to my side as I opened one of the doubled doors. The library is like any other library I have been to. It is a two story high building with crown molding on the top and bottom of every wall. There is a check-out desk on each floor that is shaped in an oval. In front of the desks are tables spread out. Behind the tables are the books. The first story is dedicated to little children. The second story is where the adults and young adults are located.

As I made my way up the stairs I can see a group of teenagers exiting out of the elevator laughing. My smile faltered as I turned my attention back to the stairs. Once I reached the top of the stairs I picked a table fairly far from the rest. I brought my backpack onto the table before me and started getting out my journals and information papers. I read over the papers and got stated on studying for the entry exam.

After hours of writing down information and checking out books I packed my stuff back into my backpack and got up and pushed my chair into its place. I waved goodbye to the librarians and made my way outdoors. As I opened the door I bumped into a muscular chest. My backpack fell from my shoulders as I gasped.

"Oh! I'm so sorry I didn't see you there!" I apologized as I went down to pick up my backpack. When I heard no response from the person I bumped into I looked stood back up and faced the person. "Are you okay?" I ask to the stranger.

The stranger had a dark grey sweater on and had their hoodie on so it was covering their face. They were wearing a white t-shirt under the hoodie with tan cargo shorts. They also had on grey vans. When I looked back up to their face I noticed they were looking at me. Well I think they are because I actually couldn't see their eyes.

We just stood there, and me not knowing what to say started my nerd rambling. "Coal ash is more radioactive than nuclear waste." This caused the boy to pick up his head. "I mean when you burn coal it carries 100 times more radioactive than nuclear waste. People think that since it has the word nuclear it means danger or toxic. Well it does but they don't think about coal like that. Why do people burn a lot of coal? Why can't we find a way to use water to run our cars instead of coal or fossil fuels? I mean we have practically invented everything else except that. I mean how hard can it be you just have to take a normal gas thingy and instead of using 'gas' we can use water. Sure we need to make a few adjustments but its not impossible. I can even make my own if-" I was cut of by the boy who had now taken off his hoodie and smiling cockily at me.

To say the boy was hot was an understatement of the century. He had dark brown hair that reached above his eyes. He had the most chocolate eyes I have ever seen. He had high cheek bones and a strong jaw. He had a days stubble but I think it made him look even hotter. When I reached his eyes again I see them staring right back at me. He caught me checking him out. I blushed deeply and started rambling again.

"I'm so sorry I bumped into you I really am I have to go but I hope I didn't hurt you. Or maybe I didn't hurt you. Yeah um well I got to go so um yeah bye." I whispered the last part and made my journey back to my house. I turned around and saw the boys still staring at me with a big grin on his face. He then waved at me and started walking the other way.

I smiled all the way back to my house thinking about the boy. I entered my house and went into the kitchen to make dinner. I rummaged through the cabinets until I found what I was looking for. After 30 minutes of cooking I finally finished the cooking. As I got the table ready my father came into the house from work. "Hi dad" I said as I kissed his cheek and took off his suit jacket.

"Hi darling what are you making?" He asked as he looked towards the kitchen.

"Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole" I said

"Sounds delicious" he said.

"Go wash up I am just setting the table."

He quickly walked up the stairs and entered his room. I went back into the kitchen to finish setting up the table. Today it was only me and dad eating at the table today. My mom has night shift at the hospital tonight.

As I started to wash up for dinner the doorbell rang. I went to the front door and opened the door. I smiled and looked up to the person who was at the door. My dads business partner was at the doorway smiling at me.

"Sapphire how has it been, your dad invited us to dinner today" said Mr. Jones

"It has been wonderful how about yours, oh I come in my dad is just getting ready for dinner" I said as I moved out the way to let them pass. Who is here with him. Maybe his wife. Yes it must be his wife. As I closed the door I felt someone brush past me. When I turned around my smiling face turned into a shocked one.

"Library boy?"