Goth, Rachel, Jonathon, Ashley, Superhero, Night Owl, Shadow Fox, Government Agency, Romance, Noah

Start from the beginning

Before I could say anything back Ash tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey Shadow Fox, little help here I need to know how to spell this one name."

I rolled my eyes; she was incapable of spelling any name besides her own.

I leaned down next to her and looked at the keyboard. "Okay what do you need to know how to spell?" I asked in a whisper.

"Nothing, my name's going to be Mia Jackson, like I don't know how to spell that." She said in a whisper too.

"What...then why am I here?!" I demanded keeping the whispering tone.

"Because of the way I saw you eying Mr. Extreme to the max Goth back there." She said nudging me in the side.

I instantly felt the blush covering my cheeks. "I-I don't know what you're talking about"

"Ah come on Rae, everybody within a fifty mile radius could have seen you eyeing him, not that I blame you if you manage to look past all the Goth to the extreme wardrobe he has going on then he is pretty hot."

"I didn't notice....besides say in a hypothetical situation that I was interested in him if you weren't listening to that heartless bastard that he calls a father than he's twenty two...."

"And what? That's to old for a relationship? Come on Rae I know that you're not that bad at math, you're eighteen it's only four years that's not bad at all! My parent's are like six years apart and don't you have an aunt on your dad's side whose husband is eleven or twelve years older than her?"

"Ash, you know what stop talking about this right now we'll talk about it later.......!" I snapped pushing her aside and typing in a name on one of the invitations.

And it was really unfortunate for me that I wasn't paying attention. "You know Rae no offense but I wasn't aware Jonathon was an interchangeable name between genders, I'm pretty sure that Alex is though." Ash's voice said next to me in the same whisper tone as before.

I blinked and looked at the smug look on her face then back at the computer screen. Sure enough the name Jonathon was spelled out on the name line with the cursor blinking at the end.

"And you say that you don't like him..." She said in a slightly mocking tone.

I sent her a scowl and growled. "I wasn't paying attention" Then quickly deleted it and typed in a new one.

"Hmm....Joy Brennan?"

"What? Joy's a very common first name!"

"Yeah but...you just don't really look like a Joy"

I rolled my eyes and hit print then watched as the two invitations slowly worked there way out of the printer. Noah walked over when they were done and quickly placed them neatly into two envelopes then handed them to us.

"You'll need those to get into the party don't lose them, you might want to make sure that the one of you more likely to remember where you put them takes both of them...."

I immediately grabbed Ash's out of her hand.

Noah got the look of somebody trying not to laugh and simply cleared his throat. "Right....so I'm assuming that's you Ms. Shadow Fox"

"Yep"

"Right....well now that that's taken care of I'll have an agent escort you out and then you'll be taken by another plane to where you car was stored Ms. Shadow Fox."

"Whatever" I said walking up to the secret service guy that he waved over.

When we walked out of the room back into the one where Jonathon was still blasting the stereo. To be polite I waved bye to him although the only thing he did in response was raise an eyebrow at me. We walked into the elevator and Ash hit the button to go to the bottom floor, although the secret service guy wasn't with us apparently he had a phobia of elevators. Well we waited for it to go down Ash turned and looked at me.