Memoirs of a Teenage Vampire Queen-Chapter 14

Christines POV

----------------------------------------------

I scrunched my nose and popped open my right eye. The sun shined through the window and right into the little slot, and I groaned. The tip of my nose kissed the tip of Treys as my roll came to a stop.

"Hi." I whispered.

"Morning dragon breath." He said quietly and smiled warmly at me.

My mouth dropped open as I made a pretend shocked face and clamped my hand over my mouth. Trey smiled and reached his hand up to mine, grasping my wrist and pulling my hand down.

"You're fine." Everything about him this morning was warm and kind; except his skin. The softness in his touch when his fingers looped around my wrist sent waves of butterflies through my body.

I smiled at him for a second and then fell backward on to my back, looking up at the ceiling, reliving the moments of last night again in my head, and sighed. Last night was just that, one big moment, connected to another, to another. The corners of my mouth drooped as I recalled something. I turned my head and looked at Trey. He was propped up on one elbow, his head resting on his hand, staring his big amethyst eyes into mine.

"Thank you for last night." I said, changing my mind about saying that I saw him crying.

"You are most welcome." Smiling, he reached over and brushed a loose strand of hair from my face.

"Time to get ready for another day of school, Missy. Sarah has drawn you a bath in your quarters."

I rolled my eyes when he called me Missy, and frowned.

"Wwwhhhhaaaaattttt?" He chuckled.

"Do I HAVE to?" I pouted and batted my eyelashes fiercely over my most innocent eyes.

His stomach tensed and his rib cage rattled as he laughed, reaching out and stroking my face.

"Are you trying to seduce me?!" He asked playfully, reaching over and tugging my waist toward him.

"Ugh! Seduce this you big jerk!" I laughed and hit him in the face with a pillow.

I jumped off the bed and sprinted toward the closed door. He threw the pillow at me, knocking me forward a few steps and right into the closed door. I stumbled back a step or two and collapsed on the floor, laughing.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry." He said and zipped over to me.

"I-I-its o-o-oka-okay." I managed to say through my fit of laughter.

"Let me know when you're ready to leave, and I'll take you where ever you want to go." He said, helping me up.

"No school?!" I asked perkily.

"No school." He smiled, pushing me out the door and closing it behind me.

------------------------------------------------------

Chases POV

--------------------------------------

We stepped out into the hall at the same time and an awkward silence fell over the entire mansion. I walked over to her, hoping that she would hear me out.

"Christine..." I held out my hand to her and she put her hand into the air as to silence me.

The heartbreak in her eyes killed me. My insides churned as a single tear fell from her once happy face, as she turned and walked in the direction of her room.