The Unidentified

The Unidentified 

By Trenton Hughes

Synopsis: Blaire is about to make the biggest transition of her life; High School to college. Everything is changing from her Laguna Beach past to the new town of Independence, Oregon. She leaves behind a lot to move to Willamette University, but the most important of which is her boyfriend Trey. In her eyes, Trey is her soul mate. Blaire experiences everything that comes with going to college in a completely new setting; new friends, classes, aspirations, and experiences. Things become odd once she meets one of the most popular guys in school; Hayden. Suspense and mystery surround Blaire and her new life as she begins to uncover a truly riveting secret held within Independence.

Jericho, California 1882 

The night was dark, but not dead by any means. The town of Jericho always boomed at night. The buildings and houses all aligned around the central road, Main Street. 

The town was crawling with people of all sorts. The town was much like a ghost town of today, only this ghost town had no ghosts. This location held one of the liveliest towns of the late 1800's. 

Not many people were in their homes; in this very adult town, everyone was out on the night. This Friday night was a celebration unlike any other. Today was the anniversary of Jericho's founding; which really was just another excuse to get drunk and have a hell of a time. Crowds filled the saloons, which were right across the street from each other; Al's and Good Times. People were in the street sitting on wooden stoops trying to regain composure. People were everywhere except in their homes. The sheriff even had a beer in one hand and his gun in the other, shooting a shot into the air every few minutes. People didn't even care; they just encouraged it and laughed along. 

"Slam!" Buck, the local blacksmith was not unlike anyone else in Jericho on this night. He just spilled his beer all over his boots and the floor. He sat at the bar with dozens of people around him. He seemed upset at first, looking as though he may strangle the bartender as if it was his fault, then he burst into laughter. Everyone in the saloon rushed to life as well with laughter. "Another beer!" Buck yelled. Everyone cheered. 

People were playing cards, playing drinking games, just plain drinking, and making out with their honeys of the night. It was some kind of night. 

"Pheow!" An extremely loud bullet slammed into the wall where the dart board was hung. Everyone was silent for a second, startled and scared by the sudden shooting. 

"Bulls eye!" someone yelled and everyone rushed to life again with laughter. Not one person in Jericho was having a bad time. Buck looked around drunkenly. He spotted two very attractive ladies sitting on top of the Grand Ol' Piano. One, the shorter of the two, was blonde with a nice face and great body held up by a pink dress. The other, a brunette, was very tall and beautiful by many means. The two were open for business and everyone knew that. Yet they sat there getting drunk, trying to look attractive and just waiting. Buck got up, infatuated by the two. He had one beer in his hand and he walked over very clumsily, almost falling. 

"Hello beautifuls" He shouted over the noise. They looked over at him, both striking a different pose and smiling. "I want yous both!" he screamed drunkenly. The two looked at each other, then got up and each went to one of his sides. 

They made their way out of the saloon with everyone else still full of life and almost no one looking at the trio. They were all barely keeping their composure as they walked out. "Look at me and these girl things!" Buck exclaimed looking back into the saloon, then the doors slammed in his face. The three started laughing. There were others in the street too, dozens just living life to the fullest. "Come on babies. Haaaha hahu." Buck cried happily.