Beneath The Stars

18/08/12

The first time Baekhyun laid eyes on the petite brunette, his heart was sent into a small frenzy. He couldn't quite explain it, but every time he would get a glimpse of her, his heart would go into staccatos and his stomach would feel all fuzzy. He couldn't look her straight in the eyes for more than ten seconds; He was afraid he might have had a mental breakdown from all that he was feeling.

The first time Baekhyun saw Taeyeon's smile, his heart had stopped and he swore in that moment, he had seen the epitome of beauty. She had bright eyes that could even put the stars in the night to shame; her long eyelashes in which complimented them, made her brown shimmering eyes twinkle. Her button nose framed her face; when she laughed, it would scrunch up in a very baby-like manner, which made Baekhyun adore her more. Her perfectly shaped lips were pinkish; they curled up to form the most alluring smile. Her porcelain skin was glowing, which made her look more of an angel. Baekhyun would think to himself that everything was all a dream, having the girl of his dreams in it. 

Having Baekhyun to sing on the same stage as her, made him feel like he just found his missing piece, a part of him that was long gone; in short — what he had been looking for. 

Taeyeon on the other hand, had taken a longer time to realize everything. The small smile that made its way to her lips when their eyes would meet. The weakness in her knees when he smiled. She felt a strange unfamiliar feeling towards him, it was all new to her though. The girl in her twenty-four years of living, had never experienced this kind of feeling before. The moment his hand brushed against hers, had sent her running to her best friend Tiffany, who just laughed and said, "You like him, what else would it be?"

Taeyeon was pretty much confused. She had thought about it so much. She was often aloof in their rehearsals. She was out of focus; With her mind always drifting to a certain brunette, who had a tendency to look like a kicked puppy when he pouted.

Taeyeon once said, "No one believes I haven't fallen in love before." but that all came to an end and in agreement with what others have been thinking, she has finally fallen. For the first time in her life, she felt something new. Something she knew felt amazing; The feeling of falling for someone.

Her confusion towards the topic of love was still there, but it didn't cloud her judgment anymore.

The following week they met each other again. They knew there was something between them, sparks maybe? They couldn't hide their unintentional smiles that they knew they were keeping to themselves. Luckily, Baekhyun got the chance to exchange numbers with Taeyeon after watching her, along with her members, rehearse for their upcoming performance. They also exchanged those exact same warm smiles that they had given each other on the day they first met. They remembered it clearly, like it was just yesterday.

Several days went by and they had been contacting each other more often, and somehow things between them got deeper. Baekhyun would message Taeyeon, asking where she was or if she had eaten already. And at the end of a long tiring day, Baekhyun would call her, to ask how her day was — or just to simply hear her voice. That sweet voice of hers that would change Baekhyun's mood, and from his worn-out self, he was complete.