Disappeared

I woke up and my colorful alarm clock said 10:05. I had guitar practice today.  I loved going to guitar practice but not today because I felt really tired and hungry. The practice was at 11 and I usually took awhile to get ready so I figured I should skip breakfast and get ready.  I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. It was now 10:12. I brushed my hair and looked for something to wear. That alone took 25 minutes. It's 10:37 now and I don't know where my shoes are. I started to run around the house looking for them. I must have looked like a maniac to the rest of my family who were awake a long time before I was. I found my shoes after 7 minutes of straight running. 10:45. I put my shoes on.

"Michelle!" my mother called from the laundry room.

"Yeah?!" I yelled out of breath.

"Can you go to the store and pick up some milk?"

"No. I have guitar practice! I have to leave! I'll get it on the way home."

"Okay! Thanks hun! Can you walk Tommy to the park? He's meeting up with some friends there". Tommy was my 7 year old brother.

"I guess." 

"Okay! Thanks! Did you eat breakfast?"

"No! I'll get it on the way."

"Bye!"  I put on my shoes and grabbed my guitar. I started to walk out the door when my dad's gruff voice startled me. 

"Take a granola bar.", He tossed me a granola bar and I caught it. I unwrapped it and took a bite.  Tommy walked in front of him with a little bouncy ball and some jacks in his hand. "And your brother." Tommy ran up to me. 

"I'm gonna meet my girlfriend at the park." He said to me as we walked out the door. 

"Oh yeah. I'm sure that at age 7 you already have a girlfriend." I said with a hint of sarcasm in my voice. 

"I do!" He said, obviously annoyed. 

"What's this girl's name?"

"Andrea and she's real pretty." I chuckled. 

"Is that so?"

"Yup! You should meet her!" He said obviously excited. 

"Alright, I guess kiddo." 

5 minutes later we arrived at the park. Tommy was looking around for his "girlfriend", Andrea. As I walked around the park with him, trying to find Andrea, I realized I had guitar practice. I can't believe I forgot! I checked my phone. 11:05. Of course. "Listen buddy! I gotta go! I'll catch up with you later." I was about to walk away when this pretty little girl walked up to Tommy. She was a little dirty and had a torn up dress on. She was holding a cute little baby doll.

"Hi Tommy!" she said in a small voice. 

"Hi Andrea! This is my sister Michelle."

"Hi!" 

"Hey! Well I gotta go. You two crazy kids have fun! Don't get in too much trouble now!" I said jokingly. 

"I never get in trouble, Michelle!" He said sternly. My life would be so much easier if Tommy understood sarcasm.

"I was kidding. Bye now!" They walked near the main highway on the sidewalk and Tommy bounced his little bouncy ball. It went into the street. 

"I got it!" I heard Andrea yell. 

"No! Andrea!" She ran into the middle of the street and grabbed the ball. She squatted in the middle of the road and marveled at it as a large truck was barreling towards her. I wanted to run over and save her. I swear I did but my legs were frozen on the grass and I was paralyzed with fear and worry. The truck honked loud to get the little girl's attention. She looked up at the truck, seconds before it would run over her. I squeezed my eyes tight and pinched myself to get out of this dream. Unfortunately this was real life and the honking didn't go away… but Andrea did. I ran over to Tommy and hugged him tight. I didn't want to look at the scene but I took a quick glance and to my shock there was nothing. There was no Andrea. No blood. No body. Just the road and a tiny little bouncy ball that rolled it's way to the curb.