Snow Witch and the Werewolf

I never thought I would be adopted. Well that changed when I got back to the orphanage from work. The head mistress hugged me and told me I had been adopted. I was loaded into her car to be taken to this house. When we got to the house it started snowing. The head mistress kicked me out of the car with my backpack and duffle bag. Then she speed off without even telling me what the family’s name was.

                I walked up to the front door and knocked. No one answered and I realized that I had been dumped here to die. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am 5’1”, long black hair, and emerald green eyes. I sat on the front porch for four hours before someone came down the drive. By that time I was frozen and I couldn’t stop shivering. Two handsome boys got out of the car. One had black hair and the other dirty blonde hair.

                “What the hell,” said black hair running up to me.

                I couldn’t ever stutter a reply back.

                “Get her inside,” said the blonde hair.

                The boys rushed me inside and set me in front of a fireplace. As the dark hair boy bustled around the room to make a fire, the blonde hair boy wrapped a blanket around me.

                The blonde hair boy said, “Hi, my name is Blake and this is my brother Drake. We are 21 year old twins. My parents sent us here to get the house ready for our Christmas break.”

                My teeth finally stopped chattering and I said shakily, “My name is Phoenix. I was—no, I am an orphan who was dropped off on your door step to die.”

                The boys just stared at me. Tears fell down my face and I snuggled deeper into the blanket.

                “Those bastards,” said Drake, “They shouldn’t be able to do that. Is it not against the law to do that?”

                I laughed, “Ever since I landed on that orphanages doorstep they have hated me. Whenever something didn’t go right, I would get blamed. After a while I got used to being abused. No, it’s not right and it is against the law but they don’t give a shit about me. So why should they care?”

                “Get some rest and by the time you wake up tomorrow my parents will be here,” said Blake picking me up and taking me to a bedroom just off the living room.

                I fell asleep and when I woke up in the morning I heard the house filled with noise. I heard a crash and flinched. That sound usually meant I was in trouble. When no one came and got me, I remembered where I was. I saw clothes on the chair beside the bed. I got up and changed into the clothes. It was an emerald green top and black skinny jeans. I walked out to the kitchen and all the commotion stopped. All eyes were on me. Blake broke out into a smile.

                “Glad to see you join the land of the living,” he said jokingly, “This is my family. This is mom and pops, Chase is 18, Leland is 15, Bryce is 11, twins Jake and James are 8, and this young fellow is Luke. He is 4. Mom, dad, gang, this is Phoenix. She was dropped off here on the notion that we adopted her.”

                “Hi honey,” said Blake’s mom, “I am Raven, but you can call me mom if you want to. Blake is the more talkative out of the two them. You are welcomed to stay here as long as you. Do you have clothing?”

                Embarrassed I shook my head no. She shook her head and tsked.

                “Well boys, looks like we are going shopping this afternoon. Drake, Blake, Chase, and Luke will come along. The rest of you clean up the house before I get home tonight,” said Raven escorting me out of the room. Once out of earshot of the others she hugged me and apologized, “I am so sorry if I embarrassed you.”

                I smiled and hugged her back. I stepped back and asked, “What day is it? I know it seems kind of dumb to ask that.” I didn’t want to tell her that it was going to be my birthday soon.

                Drake walked out and said, “Tuesday the 1st of December. Come on; let’s get out of here before you get attacked by the others.” He escorted me out to the garage. He handed me some boots and said, “We are taking the Hummer.”

                My mouth dropped open. I then felt a tug on my pants.

                I looked down to see baby blue eyes looking at me. I dropped down into a squat beside the little boy.

                “Hi, I’m Phoenix. You can call me Nixie. What’s your name,” I asked him.

                He smiled at me and said, “I am Luke Skywalker. Prepare to get laser beamed.”

My eyebrows shot upward and Drake let out a hearty laugh.

“Luke, you are not a Star Wars character,” snapped another male voice.

Luke got all teary eyed and his bottem lip started to tremble. I gathered Luke into a hug.

I whispered into his ear, “Luke, never, ever give up on your dreams. One day it might just happen.”

I was jerked backwards. I landed against the Hummer. All I saw was ice cold eyes.

“Don’t be telling my little brother lies,” the boy growled!

I started shaking really bad. All I could do was nod my head yes.

“Chase! Get away from her now! Go inside and help your father,” I heard Raven snap!

Chase let me go but not before glaring at me. As he went inside, I slid down the side of the car. I pulled my knees up and laid my head on my knees. I knew I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up. I got up and ran out of the garage. I heard someone call after me. I kept running. I ran into the woods and soon got lost. I made it to a clearing with a waterfall and a pond. I was debating on jumping into the pond and ending this or head back when I heard a noise.