Pausing the Rain

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I got bored, thus this story was formed;) i have ideas, but im not a writer. plz give me quick tips on my writing, so maybe i can get better:) If i should continue, comment, or let me know in some form or fashion. oh and last vote;) i mean... i cant make you..... but it would be most appreciated::)) the little orange box to your right.... no wait i mean the left.... a little further.... THERE YOU ARE!!! haha anyways.....thank you. :D

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I see nothing. I mean, nothing important for that matter. A chair, seated nexted to a small cedar chest. My gaze focuses on the cedar chest. I want to look inside, I think. I start to approach the chest, but find that thats not going to happen. My feet felt as if someone tied cement blocks to my feet. i look down at my feet to see that they werent submerged in cement blocks, but in the concrete floor. Fucking lovely. The floor begins to quiver. Oh now what?? I hear "Melanie... Melanie are you ok??" Then finally breaking my dream mode completly, "MELANIE CHRIS LAURANE!!!"

Holy shit. Everything came back. I am at work. Where I should be working. Yet here I am dreaming about chairs and concrete floors. Life irritates me.

'One more strike at work, and I'm screwed.' the inner voice tells me.

Yes thank you little voice inside my head, very helpful to the situation. I retort back.

Oh My Lord. I'm arguing with myself. Whatever. I'll deal with that AFTER I deal with this little predicament. Apparently, my mind was embarressed about the obvious comment, supplied me with a semi good excuse. I bring my head up slowly, saying, "In the Lords name, Amen." Then looking up at my boss, "I'm sorry, did you need something?" Suprisingly, he bought it. I mean the present, wrapping paper, ribbon and tape.

"I'm grieved Miss. Laurane, but please pray on your own time." He said, truly embarressed.

"Yes, I understand Mr. Harriss. Won't happen again." I say in a sickeningly sweet voice.

"ok than... Um back to work!" And with a clap of his hands, his flustered face made it all the way back to his office.

I let out a breath i didnt realize i was holding and turned in my AMAZING spinny rolley chair that i love with a burning passion. Remebering how much i loved the chair, I spun again. Finally, i put my hand on the desk stopping my rotating. Time for work. I turn to my computer and resume typing.

"I'm here! Hey Uncle Blake?" A husky voice declares. Footsteps begin to approach me when i feel i tap on my shoulder.

"Do you know where my uncle is? Or, uh Mr.Harris?"

I spin(in my amazingly awesome chair:) to face the person. The 'person'(or god) was beautiful. Thats clearly an understatement, but that what I came up with. The shining fields of what we would call hair were ash blonde. Involuntarily I hear,"Damn." That just happened to be me.

Snowy, colorless lips curved into a crooked smile. The kind of smile that a leopard gives to rabbitt before biting into it's poor throat. His green orbs, flecked with a sparkling silver, held my dull gray ones. I suddenly remeber he asked a question.

"Oh, uh, yeah he's in his office." I reply. The urge to flatten my bright purple hair is maddening, but i ignore it.

"And that is where??" He questions with a dark chuckle. I realize too late that if he asks where his uncle is, he naturally wants to know where his office is. Why am I such an idiot in front of sexy men?

"Of course, follow me." I say while looking at my thigh high boots. I begrudgingly push myself out of my wonderful chair, and beckon for him to follow. I feel extremely self concious, even though I'm wearing my favorite outfit, a plaid school-girl skirt paired with a matching neon pink fishnet shirt placed under a raven black corset style top.

"So, what do you do here? No, more importantly, what are you doing here?" His question took me by surprise, and i stumbled a little in the boots as I rounded the corner.

"Do you mean in this office, or in Seatle generally?" I ask back. I tend to answer peoples questions with yet another question. Guess it's just out of habit. I mentally shrugged my shoulders and spiraled me head slightly seeing if he was going to answer. He pondered my question for a little while, and then answered happily, "Both." I turned on my heel to face him and stumbled a bit. I forgot how, how  unreal his looks were.

"Not to be rude, but what gives you the right to ask me that?" I attempted to be sassy, but i got intimidated and backed off a little. Usually I would have been more, i don't know, FIERCE. Whats wrong with me?

"I don't have any rights. Just curiosity." He said with his hands up in a defensive manner. A feeling of guilt and silliness washed over me, which was wierd. because i usually don't feel that.

"Sorry i bit your head off. I'm the secretary here. And if I get to know you better, I might tell you why I'm in Seattle." I turn back around and continue to walk towards Mr. Harriss' office. Why couldn't we get there faster? I felt his eyes burning holes into my back. I didn't want to talk anymore.

"So is that a hint for me to ask you out? If so, I am officially asking you out to dinner." As the words came out of his mouth, he grabbed my upper arm and turned me to face him.

Shivers flew down my spine and each shiver made an alternative shock making my back a bag of pop rocks.

"woah is going out with me that scary?" he asked laughingly.

"Uh no, something just walked over my grave." I replied, our laughter chorusing with each others.Then, I swallowed my fear and said,

" Yes I will. Pick me up at,uh, lets say seven. Heres my address." I pulled out my purple sharpie and scribbled my address on his arm.

I hope he doesn't mind. Then again, I truthfully don't care. No, thats a lie, I do. I sighed as I finished, and then," Oh well here we are." I gestured to the office door,"Your uncle awaits you."

He opened the door, then closed it asking,"Wait I never introduced myself. My name is Ash." I glanced at his perfectly blonde hair, looked at him again,"Figures." He snickered and inquired,"And you...?"

"Melanie."

His eyes flared up for a second, and his mouth coiled into that crooked grin. That grin scared me. what did i just do? my blood curdled in my viens, causing me to shake revulsively.(sp?)He quickly recovered himself, stuck his hand out saying," Nice to meet you, Melanie, and I will see you tonight." I placed my hand in his then tugged it to his lips, where he brushed his lips against the top of it. I shuddered at the subzero lips.What the hell? Thats not natural.