Mr. Holier Than Thou •1•

/Bring the index finger and thumb together from both hands in a vertical line, with the right hand on top, the underside of the hand facing outwards, and the left hand on the bottom, with the outer side of the hand facing outward. Stretch the rest of the fingers away from each other.

Stretch both legs apart on a horizontal axis.

Take deep breaths and exhale slowly./

Méav used all her senses to concentrate on her joined hands in the shϋ stance. She felt her body lift off the multicoloured leaves on the damp ground. A strong gust of wind was born, parrying around her. The energy she contained in her hands could well be disastrous if her concentration wavered.

/Channel the energy into the joining of the two hands and take deep breaths./

Elated at her success, she did not realize someone was watching her from the yew tree behind her. It was only when the intruder threw a branch at her back, breaking her concentration, and in turn making her fall back to ground did she sense his aura.

That had never happened before. Méav had always been able to sense others aura's from miles since she had come into her powers four years ago, on the night of her fifth birthday.

Startled to realize how she had missed a beings presence, she jerked her head to the side. She did not see anyone, but she definitely sensed a hidden aura on the tree.

"Who is there? Show yourself."

She watched as a soft green glow emanated from one of the branches on the tree.

"You," She pointed to the branch. "Show yourself, what purpose do you have here? This is Master Groto's Sanct, you should not be here."

/What is a Fae doing here? A green aura always means the being is a Fae, but why can I not see it?/

"You can see me?" It was not a voice of a full Fae she guessed. Fae did not come into their full powers until the completion of the first quarter of a century since their birth. But the fact that this one could hide his aura from her, and even dissolve into the air already shocked her.

Méav could also not make a guess as to its gender. Only a full Fae's voice was soft or deep, a half Fae could not project the low or high notes of its gender until it matured.

"No, but I can see your aura, what are you?" Although she already knew it to be a Fae, she did not want to give her gift away, Master Groto had always warned her about that.

"Of course I am a Fae, think you that I am a lowly ecce such as yourself. But tell me, as I am curious, how is it that you can use mägike? I have never known an ecce with your powers." The voice sounded curious, as though she was a marvel.

She knew what others thought of her. The ecce children taunted her, calling her punto, the mägike freak, and always kept their distance from her. /I don't need any of them! I am not a punto! They are just jealous that Master Groto has given me permission to enter his Sanct.../ She repeated what Master Groto had told her. /...and this half Fae certainly does not need to know anything about me!/

"It is none of your concern! Tell me why you are here." She was feeling too conscious of herself. Exposed and vulnerable. No one, other than Master Groto had ever seen just how much mägike she could summon, and now this Fae had seen her practice shϋ.

"I wanted to see the punto the other ecce have been talking about. You really are different from them."

/Punto! I hate that word, I am not an anomaly, a miscreation!/

"I am not a punto! Show yourself you coward!" Before she could see, a black shadow was in front of her, choking her neck and she started to struggle.