Chapter 1

Hello! First, I would just like to say thank you for reading!! Second, I would really appreciate that people respect that this is my original story. So, please, don't break the law and copy my work, okay? Please, that is just not right and because I put a lot of handwork into this.

© Theresa Alaniz 2013

All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of Theresa Alaniz.

Chapter 1

The chipped lilac worn window pane gave a groan of protest as I pushed it open. One would think that the window would be painfully accustomed to the routine of the past four years of my life by now. I smiled instantly as I inhaled the beautifully scented Maine air. I looked out of the window and took in the beauty of the small town in front of me. Mistletoe, Maine was was covered in a blanket of white fog and if it wasn't for the clock tower in the middle of town; there would be no semblance of a town filled with people preparing for the day ahead. I thrusted my head out the window and instantly felt the cool morning dew coat my face and I closed my eyes as I took in a huge breath of the heavily ocean scented morning air. I could hear the crash of the waves behind me and I couldn't help the feeling of serenity that blanketed my body. I sighed in complete in utter contempt. I could never get use to this place, it had been four years, and I still couldn't believe we had planted our butts down. When my mother said this was the last time we were moving, to say I didn't believe her was an understatement. Sure it was the first time she ever said anything about settling down but I knew it was against her nature as a Gypsy to settle down.

"Get your head back in the window and get ready for school!" My mothers voice echoed from below.

I instantly looked down and saw my mother with her dark red curly hair pulled into a ponytail and her long slender body in a yellow robe and bunny slippers. Her green shinning eyes sparkled and her slender pale face looked up at me as she tried to muster a stern look, but failed miserably as a smile appeared on her lips.

"Oh, but what a glorious day it is. Why ruin a perfect day with school, my dearest mother!" I responded with a smirk playing on my lips.

She rolled her eyes in response to my playful words. Well, seemingly playful words.

"Isolde Marie MacGowan get your ass back inside and ready for school." My mother's Irish accent made the statement that much funnier. I fell in a fit of laughter as I winked at my mother and fell back into my room.

*

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to find my mother placing a plate of pancakes on the table.

"Don't you look beautiful today." My Mom happily said.

I looked down to my black short sleeved button down shirt that had a burgundy tie attached to it, pleaded burgundy skirt that fell middle of my thigh, black stockings that ended a little above my knee and my black four inched Mary Jane heels. Most girls didn't use heels because they were all tall and leggy, but I wasn't. I was a small scrawny thing. I was barely 5'1 and when I say barely I mean the one is a tad bit exaggerated.

"Why thank you, Mommy Dearest, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the girls in school are dressed exactly like myself." I replied with sarcasm lacing my words and in return my mother shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"I'm talking about your astonishing beauty."

I looked at her and shook my head. I wasn't beautiful, like her. She looked like a Siren. With her deep red locks, delicate face, green eyes, and pink lips she was the embodiment of an Irish woman. I wished I looked like her but I guess I looked like my non-existent father. I have dull straight raven hair, really big hazel eyes, and red pouty lips. The only thing I share with my mother is my pale skin color.