Mr. Holier Than Thou Prologue

There was a rustle in the woods as the tree's themselves moved to accommodate the Beings. The forest was once again hushed; lulled into sleep by sizzling mägike. Ahead, the Earl of Darkmoor's country estate loomed majestically. The Elder moved her hand and a servant moved with stealth into the house, its movements undetected. The heavy silence was eerie, and permeated the air. A few minutes later, the servant returned with a small undistinguished bundle in its hand. The Elder once again lifted her hands and the bundle drifted into her outstretched hands.

˘̈́º°¨¨¤¨¨°º˘̈́

Drakmoor was shrouded in a deep sleep as all the inhabitants were resting after a laborious day of work and grief. Upon morning the day after, the Darkmoor estate was bustling with morning procedures, as the Countess had only given birth the night before, there were still many guests arriving to wish the Earl their heartfelt condolences on the passing of his wife and child.

The child had been still-born, and the strenuous labour of four days had killed the Countess as well. The Earl was plunged into a deep melancholy and would not see anyone during his mourning.

˘̈́º°¨¨¤¨¨°º˘̈́

The Elder Cynlx carried the bundle with nonchalance into the tree which had stretched its bark to make a space for her to enter. The servant Groto moved in after her and the tree once again became whole.

Cynlx deposited the bundle on a large rubber leaf and turned her pale face towards the servant Groto. Seeing that look, Groto dropped to his knees.

"I am sssorry Missstresss! The job took longer then you had asssked, but I assssure you, the child is a beauty among thossse ecce. SSShe will have hair darker then a raven'sss feather. Her ssskin will be that of the nectar that flowsss out of a luctuca tree, a true beauty I sssay. SSShe will be not be disssmisssed by the Council asss the other two have been." His voice slithered as he knelt in front of the Elder for he knew without a doubt that if the child was not accepted, he would live no more. He had searched for three years to come by such a child. He had seen her destiny, but knew he would not be alive to witness the changes she brought with her as he was already more than three hundred years old. His kind did not survive as long as the Elder's did.

"I see." The words were said after much consideration, and the velvety voice brought some semblance of anxiety to Groto.

"What will you asssign the child, Mistresss?" Groto could not help but feel that although the child's destiny was to come to Flynn, the Fae Kingdom, she would not always be happy here. His mägike was of a different kind from those of the Fae. He could see into the future, but it was not always clear. He had seen how the child would look, and in his heart, had felt her destiny being shrouded in mystery.

"You need not know servant. It is for me to decide after the Council has spoken, until then, rest assured, you will not be harmed if she is accepted." With that, the Elder moved into the mist and Groto was left to tend to the child who was coming awake. She was only a day old, and Groto had to find a means for taking care of her. Although he could not help feeling a tug at his heart as he watched the child try to grab his long beard.

"Alasss child, I can only do thisss much for you, for you have to make your own dessstiny."

[ ecce: what the fae call mortals

luctuca tree: its basically a rubber tree--luctuca is the genus for rubber trees

hello guys, let me know what you think of the preface, it took me almost two hours to write this cause I had to keep researching about the topic and finding just the right word to use. I have this weird fascination with the fae world, and so, this will be story based on all I really love about fantasy. It will have romance, passion and of course, magic. The 'child' is very special, and you will find out just how much in the first chapter]