Life Inside White Walls [1] Broken Colors

I started this story during my freshman year and never got around to posting this till now. :)

Cover image from Deviantart, the words were added by me.

All rights reserved

Both the story and poems are under copyright.

 Copyright © Kalee E 2007

-------------------------------------------------

Through blue vanities and bigotry eyes,  

Life is a simple word that some humans take for granted.  

We see through one view, and only one view alone.  

This could either grow into a liberal sight or a derision analysis.  

Those whom see with a liberal mind will tolerate and embrace our mistakes.  

Those whom see with derision will only judge those all around and never accept its essence.  

Though someone's eyes have caused him or her to see a different version of life around themselves,  

Does it truly give them the right to justified to shun those souls away?  

Tell me, is the human heart perfect enough from your windowless views that block your senses away?  

An animal, a creature with more, less, or equal legs of a human being really makes them seem much different from our flesh and bones?  

Why call it an animal if it breaths, lives, hunts, and raises its own young like any human does.  

We are animals too, in this drifting world of ours.  

You think its unquestionable that we're not, but I beg to differ.  

We strive to live, strive to survive in this industrial planet that surrounds our bodies. We make enemies, we make friends, and we live in small packs that we call our 'Family'.  

This place that I live in, it's no bigger than my own words.  

My own colors have long faded,  

Leaving me a blanket of pure white and dullness.  

I'm deeply broken through my bones,  

While my heart is starting to lose its flushed coloring.  

Grays fade to whites, pinks fade to pastel slate, and blues vanish into the high skies, covered by shrouded shades.  

My colors are truly broken,  

And I'm slowly begun to drift into this world of pure blankets of never-ending Fluorescent lights.  

---

I overlook the poem, feeling a sense of satisfaction. This had to be one of the best I've done among the other billion I have written over the years. I sighed wistfully, placing all the papers along the white circular table into a plain folder that one of the nurses was kind enough to give me. It was a constant pain to transfer my lose sheets of paper around with me and due to my ever uncoordinated movements. I tended to drop my work whenever I’d trip and would have the honor of watching them scatter arose the pristine white floors that at times would be marked with random smudges.

Glancing over to the food that I had sat on the top of the smooth table, I muse myself by pocking at a pale set of pear slices that held no vibrancy to their color. It appeared that anything that were to enter this place was immediately sucked dry of any life in a simple nanosecond.