A Run In With Trouble

CHAPTER 5:

A RUN IN WITH TROUBLE

EDITED: 12/11/2014

Okay, so I'm late. At this point, I think we all know I can't stick to due dates set by myself.

But its here, its edited, its slightly better, and nobody hates anybody. In some ways its drastically different from the other version, but I think its for the best. It has a lot more potential. There's more french and swearing in this one, so here's the vocab:

Fils de pute = son of a bitch.

Merde = shit.

Un menteur invétéré = an inveterate liar

and this paragraph:

Oh, merde, je suis désolé, je n'ai vous vois pas ! J'étais dans une telle affluence, êtes-vous blessé ? Je ne voulais vraiment pas voyez-vous, honnête - je suis désolé pour votre tête - je suis désolée, fils de pute, je n'étais pas attentif. Je peux vous emmener à l'hôpital, si vous pouvez obtenir jusqu'à, oh Dieu, je suis tellement désolé.

Translates to: Oh, shit, I 'm sorry, I didn't see you! I was in such a rush , are you hurt? I really didn't see you, honest - I 'm sorry for your head, son of a bitch, I wasn't paying attention. I can take you to the hospital if you can get up, oh God, I 'm so sorry.

_________________________________________________________

Finding a wand turned out to be a more time-consuming task than Lena had originally anticipated. After introducing herself to the wand maker, Ollivander explained to her how the wands worked; the wand chose the wizard, never the other way around. After going about telling her how he remembered every wand he ever sold, Ollivander took her measurements and then disappeared into the back, reappearing with several old-looking packages.

Lena spent a good twenty-five minutes in the store, breaking vase after vase and even a window, watching Ollivander grow more and more excited as the pile of wands grew beyond count. Finally, however, they found one - an oak and unicorn hair, nine and a half inches long. Once Lena had helped Ollivander sort out the papers that would allow him to take the appropriate amount of money (nine galleons) from her father's vault (assuring him that Martin wouldn't mind (and purposely neglecting to mention that she hadn't sent her father an owl about it)), she flooed her way back to Hogwarts.

Potions had just finished by then, and Charms had begun. Dumbledore told her what floor to go to, and then the room number, and she was off, after giving him another hushed thanks. Her new wand felt strange in her hand, the way her mother's had when Lena had first held it. It was slightly longer, to begin with, and completely undamaged, unlike the latter after the fire. It felt right, however, in her small hand - it made her feel different. Not powerful, that was a bit of a stretch, but it seemed to give her confidence. Lena recalled how warm she had felt when she held it, and how she felt the power of the wand burst through her. It held none of the sentimental value her mother's wand did, but nevertheless Lena liked it quite a bit.

Soon however, Lena had to pocket her wand and focus on where she was going, although by the time she got her head straight she was completely lost. The room was on the third floor, but Lena was almost certain the staircase had put her on a different one. Beauxbatons wasn't this complicated, and it was certainly less stressful, without the moving stairs and the little traps littered all over them. After missing Potions Lena had hoped to at least be on time to her second period class, but by then five minutes of it had already gone by, and she began to run. She wished she had a map, but then dismissed the thought - it wouldn't have helped much. Lena couldn't follow maps well even if she tried.