She stands at the corner of the hall waiting for me, giving me the look. I sense her stare and put the phone back in my pocket once again to please her. Then continue back on the path to her. Again, she carries on around the corner and to the bedroom passed the basement. As I turn to look over the corner, a dark ocean blue nightdress lies in the middle of the hall. Down the hall I see my bedroom room door close.

I love to hunt. She's playing a dangerous game that also happens to be my favorite.

I enter the hall and pick up the clothing left behind and follow it back to my bedroom. My wife is already inside waiting for me. Gently, I place a hand on the door and give it a slight push. the door slowly creeps open revealing my room lit with a few candles around the our bed. A gust of delightful smells hits my nose.

It almost beats the smell of a dead corpse.

Opening the door fully, I walk to the left and see something moving in the covers.

Silly games like this are amusing to me. I don't have the sexual drive that must men do. Being caught in lust is just another thing that would throw me off the edge of failure.

Curiously, I poke the bump in the covers to get a response. Dirty blond hair sprouted out from under, and then a complete face. Slowly she lowered down the covers to her collar bone. She hit me with that smile and light laughter again as I lean over her, with a knee on the bed. She whispers softly to me, ''come to bed with me.'' After she speaks those words, we lie in bed for the night with our bodies entwined together.

LATER ON:

I head to my car. Starting the car, I'm having second thoughts, knowing this will be the night I lose myself. But it's what I trained for, what I want to become. Nothing can go wrong tonight.

Confidently, I drive to my destination and wait. My front car door opens to reveal my brother, Erick.

''Has there been any movement yet little brother?'' He says coming in to greet me, closing my car door.

''Nothing yet.''

Recently I've scouted this place out. It's where my next target lives, Jeremy Williams. I've seen his dark side and I know where he keeps it at. Unlike mine, his dark side has an address. That's where he will be dumping his current victim tonight in a few minutes or so. I hate to be kept waiting.

''How long do we have to wait in this car? I'm starting to fall asleep.''

''Patients little brother. Oh, look who showed up. Right on time. This time brother, we do it for real. You have grown far from cadavers. It's time for a new challenge; your first blood. Are you ready? I believe you are, and so do the rest of us Lucas. Out of the three of us I had faith in you the most.''

I've prepared for this for a while now, just before my parents tragic ''accident.'' I was fairly seventeen at the time when they were murdered. Till this day I still don't know who was responsible for their brutal murder. One day I plan on finding out the truth. Tonight, I hunt.

''Thank you brother.''

In short time, Williams comes out carrying a rather large black bag that he seems to be struggling to force into his trunk. Afterwards, he then started his car and backed out his driveway, nearly hitting his mailbox. Must be in a rush to get rid of something. He's too apprehensive. I can see why; he hasn't feed his dark side in months.

''Now start the car and tail him before you lose him. There's no room for mistakes now. You must be focused.''

''I am.''

''Good. Now, tail him before you lose him. Follow my instructions correctly and this should go perfectly.''

I follow Erick's instructions willing.

''Don't stay too close or he'll notice you, speed up or you'll lose him, make a left and meet him around.''

At the end of the ride we end up at ''Bakers Beach.'' A place where Williams parents took him as a child, a place of comfort to enjoy good memories, and also dispose of unwanted baggage. He shadows his car behind some rocks, turns of all lights, then gets out. I'm ordered again to keep my distance and become the shadow of death. I watch as he gets out from a lofty parking lot to a far corner of the beach, observing my victim.

I once read in a news paper article someone like me would be considered a predator because of my demeanor. They say that a predator is the most dangerous kind of killer alive. It takes it's time waiting for the right moment to strike. Researching it's prey, studying it's behavior and style. Contemplating a precise execution in a ritualistic manner. I guess that description suits me quiet well I would say. Wouldn't you?

Clumsily, He hustles out of his car trying to flick the switch of a flashlight to view his trunk. He takes out his keys and drops them somewhere around.

''Go get him Locus, you're up.''

Black bag in hand, I search for my favorite knife to use for close combat. Granted that my victim has experience with the fine art of bringing death to others, I must expect the worst from this meeting of two predators sharing the same territory at the same time. I crouch down and advance after closing the car down silently, trying to rush before he fixes his mistake of dropping his keys. By the time he has found them, my combat knife is already close enough to give him a quick shave on the hairs of his neck.

We're the same height and build. Almost an even match. Until he counters me with a cheap backward headbutt to the front of my skull. I'm sent a few feet back. That really made me anger, more enough to make me want to take a slice of his life with my double-edged blade. But I couldn't just kill him, it wasn't a part of my mission. My mission is to extract him and bring him to my brothers to get more training. If I accidentally kill him I'll have to try again with another potential candidate.

By no means will I fail. I have the advantage in this fight. Besides, he wasn't trained by three brothers on how to become a perfect killer. Suddenly, he strikes again. This time I'm fully prepared. I duck and tackle him into the truck of his car, head hitting it in one concentrated blow knocking him out for a while. Barely able to stand because of the rough capture I hear my name being called. It's Erick. Jogging toward the mess i made here tonight.

''Not your best work Lucas.'' He says Kneeling over the unconscious body.

Erick takes out a needle then releases some air out of it, then gives me a stern look.

''This is your operose display of dedication, you do the honors little brother.''

He gives me the needle packed with a potent drug, not enough to kill, but enough to sedate Williams unless we want a bumpy ride back to the warehouse.

''Lets take him back to the garage. Derek will be setting up for the celebration.'' Erick says with a twisted smirk.