Summary

[extended summary.]

 Ember has thirty-seven days to...

A) Learn how to play the bass well enough to perform in a concert with over 500 people attending.

B) Match her best-friend, who is only interested in the likes of Brad Pitt, with the school's soccer star. Whom her friend hates, with a passion.

C) Figure out what, exactly, the whole of Crestview High is hiding from her. And make sure they don't find out what she's hiding from them.

But when Levi Jetts, a devious, snarky boy who bullshits his way through life with his fancy soccer footwork and blinding smiles, is thrown into the mix, everything just gets more complicated.

Ember and Levi haven't talked since eighth grade, three years ago. And Ember isn't surprised to learn that the rumours are true - that Levi is still a enormous jerk, who is best described as "Hot, but tremendously insensitive to everyone's feelings."

The thing is - he knows all of Ember's best-kept secrets, and that's just how she wants them to remain. Secret. 

When he threatens to expose her to the whole of Crestview high, she strikes a deal with him.

But the seemingly innocent trade begins to twist and deepen, tangling both Ember and Levi in a mess they can't hope to escape unscathed.