1 - Coats and bags

A horse was hidden within a group of boxes in the corner of a building, trembling because of the cold. He was using ragged clothes and had nothing that could protect him from the Tundratown's snowstorm, which was worsening with every minute that passed. He had come to give them "that thing" to do his part of the deal and now he would probably freeze to death. He had a backpack with only that and a pocket knife. An old polar bear along with his cub walked next to him and would not have noticed him if he had not sneezed. He did. They turned to see him; the cub muttered something and the older one agreed. The two of them approached the boxes; the horse was afraid, but his body was almost frozen by the temperature so the only thing he managed to do was stand up, making his little refuge to fall down.

The horse was thinking about the knife. "Don't come any closer." he whispered. The cub just kept starring at him. The adult bear took off his coat and left it in front of the horse.

"Take it, you seem to need it more than me," he took his son's paw, "come on Morris. We're going home."

"Ok, dad. Goodbye Mr. Horse." the small one said.

Martin took his time to react. After the two bears turned to the next street he grabbed the coat and used it although it was too big for him. He ran and ran, glancing from the city to a map with a direction written in the middle. The more he walked the more he felt tired and weaker.

'I have to do this - for them - there are no excuses.' Martin thought. He stopped when he reached the entrance of a train station. There was wood blocking the only way in so he used his pocket knife to make his own entrance. Another thought crossed his mind. It was in a place like this where the Nighthowler's laboratory used to be. The inside was dark, but there were some torches lightening up the walls, that train track's section was not used anymore. Not for common uses at least. A group of tigers, antelopes, bears, rabbits and other species (predator and prey) were waiting for the horse. A few looked at him as if he was the most boring creature of Zootopia, the others just continued their work.

"You are early, that's good. Usually our other informants arrive really late." one female rabbit said. Her fur was brown and kind of white in a few parts; she was wearing a green blouse with jeans. Every mammal that was in the place was using a noticeable green cloth or accessory, including the newcomer.

"Don't be too enthusiastic Samantha, first we need to know if he has it. Martin was the mission successful?" a male tiger spoke. The horse answered:

"Yes, here it is," he gave the tiger a bunch of papers and a bag; he opened it and confirmed instantly what was inside, "now where is the bottle?"

"Here you go." he handed over a bottle with a greenish liquid inside.

Martin took the bottle with his two hooves and hugged it as if it was alive.

"Look out Martin, it is difficult to obtain. We had to make deals with many bad mammals to get it, make it last, but if it does not you know where to find us. Our organization still needs informants like you."

...............

"Breaking News: The Rainforest District Emergencies Hospital has been attacked! Fortunately there were no confirmed deaths. The crime's witnesses said that the criminals used guns; some had confirmed that there were technologically equipped bows and arrows too. Most of the medicines that were inside the central room were stolen. We are expecting to receive further details and more information as soon as possible. This was ZNN keeping you informed."

Chief Bogo turned off the TV. This was the third incident of the month; the ZPD had found what seemed like enough leads, but then they were nothing but dead ends. Those criminals had toyed with the ZPD for too long. He saw the files of all his officers on his desk; the decision was clear as a mirror. Those two were perfect for the case.