The Imperial Legion

Chapter 1: Solitude

The carriage came to a stop at a large farm with horses, near the boat dock and lighthouse. The great city of Solitude was so close, yet so far. I walked step by step to the great blue gates, my heart pounding and my mouth as dry as a desert. The gates opened and the large city flashed before my very eyes. At the beginning of the city was the market district, filled with shops, stores, and stands. The city was built up of houses and buildings, with a large amount of people. Even though the city was so amazing, I had to move on to what I had come here for.

I passed buildings, blacksmiths, and houses until I reach Castle Dour. It was a tall building with training equipment and weapons all around. Two Imperial Soldiers stood guard by the doors. My heart stopped and so did my breathing, opened the doors and walked in.

Chapter 2: Legate Rikke

The moment I walked in my eyes glanced at a tall, strong, beautiful looking lady. She had brown hair that was covered by her helmet and wore Imperial General Armor. "Are you just going to stand there or do you have something to say," the women said. "Oh, right," I replied in confusion. I told her I wanted to join the Legion and be an Imperial Soldier to fight for the Empire. "You got fire in you, I like that, she shook her head and moved on. "I'm Legate Rikke and the first step in joining the Legion is a task," she explained to me. I would be going to a bandit fort near Whiterun and clear out all the bandits.

The task seamed simple enough from all the things I've experienced. When Helgen was attacked I was there and escaped. Alduin, the great dragon, was defeated by me and a few other nords. So yes, this seamed simple to me.

The fort was small and I only saw few bandits that I could easily shoot before they even saw me. Inside would be the tricky part, most of them where probably in there with the bandit chief. I took out my hunting bow and shot the bandits sitting outside the entrance. There where too many to sneak up to so I went with plan b, charge and attack.

I pulled out my steel sword and charged shouting, "for the Empire, for the Legion!" Knocking back two of them with the back of my sword. There where two archer towers with few bandits shooting down arrows at me. The arrows barely missed me and the rest of them on the ground came at me. Stabbing, slicing, and blunting I knocked through every one of the no problem. I took there arrows and pulled out my bow to start shooting down the archers. Piece of cake! Now came the hard part, inside the fort. It was very well built with strong walls, tall archer towers, and many armories. The inside was just as nice but seamed more like a house more than a training center. There was one bandit guarding a room that I easily took out. I could see three of the bandits and the chief standing in the room pointing at a map. There was no one left in the fort even though there where several other rooms.

Coming into the room they didn't notice me until I was a few feet in front of me. I swung my sword at the first bandit taking him out but didn't have enough time to hit the next one. He hit me with the side of his axe knocking me back a couple feet. I dove for his feet and stabbed him in the back. The last one shot arrows at lightning speed and I barely dodged them. As he shot rapidly I took out my dagger and through it at him with all my force. He fell to the ground all that was left was the bandit chief. He wore heavy steel plate armor with a large iron war hammer. The tip of his hammer was swung at me and I dodged, but the next swing I wasn't so lucky. The hammer hit my shoulder causing me great pain. I swing my sword rapidly at him but he easily blocked. Back and forth we went blocking and swinging until I was knocked to my knees.

His hammer was lifted high ready to give the final blow until, without thinking, I dove under his feet. His hammer hit the ground as I slashed at him until he was down.

Chapter 3: Joining the Legion

As I entered Castle Dour with excitement from completing my first task for becoming an Imperial Soldier. Approaching Legate Rikke with a smile on my face she probably knew I completed the task. "Wow, you made it out alive," she said sarcastically. She continued with a lecture about the duties of being a soldier. The final step of becoming a soldier was taking the Imperial oath. She said asked if I was ready and continued reciting the oath. I repeated it back with courage and dignity, I was ready to become a soldier. She said the last line and I repeated the final line of the oath. "Congratulations, she said, you have become an Imperial Soldier, your duties now are owed to the Legion."